Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figure i would post pictures of what i have been up to all winter. I have been re-upholstering my interior! I did all of the work by myself too up to this point. The door panel inserts/center console cover will be done professionally. All black Jacquard Sparco fabric from Italy to match the Sparco Torino II seats, I used Kryon Flat Black paint (started as glossy, and decided to go flat instead) as seen below and a hot glue gun from michaels, a 3m sticky adhesive as seen below too and a dremel tool (of course).

Before

And the pictures of progress so far:

And the pictures of progress so far:

The fabric:

to match the seats: (not my seats but same set)

Headliner removed/wrapped:

Sunroof removed/installed along with molding:

The floor carpet from ACCMats:

Rear Deck wrapped/installed along with painted speaker covers:

Misc items painted:

Dash Removed/Painted:

Center Console Painted:

Door Panels removed/stripped/disassembled/painted:

Continued on next post.....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
FINAL PICTURES ON PAGE 2!!!!!

Sunvisors removed/stripped/wrapped/installed:

Everything installed minus door panels:

Rollbar Custom Powdercoated to match wheels along with bolts and steering wheel bolts:
-----My Wheels:

-----Rollbar:

The only thing left is the inserts on the door panels which will get embroidered with a matching thread to the roll-bar in a larger diamond pattern in both front/rear door insterts and handles area. and also the center console cover.

The last few things i have left are to find the door molding (frame side) in black, and black OEM seatbelts (because i don't have enough moola to buy the aftermarket black style from sparco or somebody similar). Finally the floor mats are left to buy from ACCmats.com to match the carpeting i have.

The rear seats are still kind of left in the open. I could have them custom made covers to match the front seats, or build a false floor and wrap that opening. (the second is only an option because i want to find a place to mount my nitrous bottle somewhere.... hehe) I would probably infill that opening with a sub box at a later date however. don't know for sure yet.

I will keep updating this as i come closer to the embroidery and the install of the door panels, roll bar, weatherstripping, and seat belts.

Just thought i'd share with you all what has been going on and such.... any thoughts?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looking good!

are you sure that paint you used is not going to flake on all the flexible parts of the interior?
The only 'flexible' portions that i painted were the sunroof molding. The rest is really solid, even the dash.
The other thing i did was sand, wash, dry, adhesive promoter, primer, and THEN paint. trust me i even tried to twist parts after a week of drying, and it still wouldn't flake or scratch.

That flat black is sexyyy...I'm jealous. This is coming from someone with a charcoal interior.
Thanks! The best part is it's still not done! but getting there!!

Very impressive!

But I was wondering the same thing too. Are you using any kind of clear/satin coat to keep it from flaking?
The clear would alter the finish i was going for, and the glossy black didn't work well at all with the fabric i chose. But like i said before i took every precaution to make sure a good adhesion to prevent flaking/cracking/peeling.

did you paint the leather on the lower dash.........
There is no leather on my car. It's all plastic vinyl and rubber.

The lower dash is a flexible (to a degree) vinyl/plastic combo, so really easy to paint.

damn loving the progress. cant wait to see this car at the meet
I know hopefully i can make it. I'm going up north for memorial day weekend (that same weekend of the meet) so i will still try either way.

Is the rollbar from AutoPower?
Yup, just the basic roll bar from AutoPower and custom powdercoated by a local shop. did a great job BTW.

Hopefully i can have the door cards and roll bar done/in by the next couple weeks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just painted them, especially with the gauge pod, and the B/C pillars being integrated together into one piece, too many awkward angles to wrap, so i just painted them.

I literally took every piece apart screw, plastic rivet/mold, clip, etc. to make sure i covered every square cm with paint. It's the only way to do it right. Took my time, prepped, primed, painted, and dried for about 5-7 days before installing it. Just to make sure everything was durable and reliable.

The door panels in the picture that shows the bottom half of the front door, that separates into two pieces. That has already been separated and glued back together. So i broke the panel into 3 pieces and put the bottom half back together and now it's 2 pieces as shown in the picture.

I just used a dremmel to grind the plastic welds off and then hot-glue gunned them back together. It was easier than i thought.

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
Hot-glue gunned them? Okay thanks, that makes sense. I was curious about how others have reassembled the panels and wanted to check before I got into something irreversible.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha i didn't know what to call it. hot glued them?

Yeah you just have to make sure you have pressure on the panels to make sure the fit is as tight as possible.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was really thinking about this. Looks great man, although I think it looked clean as hell as the black and tan right after you put the carpet in. I have a silver car, so what would be good colors for the interior? I was thinking black vinyl with silver plastic pieces.

And I was thinking since I'm a poor college kid, would I be able to stain the carpet black instead of dropping $200?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The staining options i have found/done have not worked one bit. I know there is a way of doing it, however, i would think that you would want newer carpet anyway? But i know there is a way of dying the carpet the right way.

Are you wanting silver to match the exterior? I'm not a fan of the two tone. I think i have only seen about 2-4 two tone interiors that look good. I would suggest doing all one color with accents/stitching in the fabric, looks a lot better IMHO.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The staining options i have found/done have not worked one bit. I know there is a way of doing it, however, i would think that you would want newer carpet anyway? But i know there is a way of dying the carpet the right way.

Are you wanting silver to match the exterior? I'm not a fan of the two tone. I think i have only seen about 2-4 two tone interiors that look good. I would suggest doing all one color with accents/stitching in the fabric, looks a lot better IMHO.
I have grey cloth and charcoal plastic interior right now. I was thinking about going black cloth with the charcoal, it would look so BA :)

I saw this on youtube, it seemed a little... iffy
com/watch?v=l5GcKy0rv50
just fix the link because I can't post links since I'm a newb...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The black cloth with the charcoal could look really good. I would go for it.

Yeah the fabric dye, i think is an iffy option all together. I've done a couple different ones, and it seems no matter what, if you get it wet, or, daily wear and tear, just seems to rub off on you (literally) and doesn't stay looking nice at all.

I saw some guy on 6thgenaccord, talk about the fabric dye, and i posted on his thread, but i never checked back to see if he found a viable option. You should check that thread somewhere on 6thgenaccord.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts