Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Does anybody know if there are any other Honda engine parts that fit to our 3.0 V6 ? Like a cam from a RL or TL ?? Valve Springs ? I'm looking for internal work to be done with OEM stuff.

Let me know.

·
_
1,648 Posts
apparenlty no one knows.

i'm waiting to see someone change out the internals to bump it closer to 3.2. mate it up to a custom 6spd transmission. using all stock acura/honda parts. the cars are too new for people to be rippin them apart already.

either start checkin part numbers and compare, or go buy a salvaged car and go to town on it. a lot of us are waiting to see what can be done in this area.

good luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
speaking of parts from different cars has anyone put the lsd from the cl in one of our cars

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
ifester said:
speaking of parts from different cars has anyone put the lsd from the cl in one of our cars
This has been covered like 20 million times- there was just a thread up on it as well. Please search as there is a giant thread about it. Basically it is very costly, but can be done.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I looked into using TL engine parts (J32 I think?) cause its 3.2 liters, but it turns out they hvae same stroke, but bigger bore. Would have been nice to throw some higher compression pistons in there, but oh well. At the time, the jury was still out on whether you could bore our engine out to the J32 specs.

Anyone know?

·
335i coupe
654 Posts
I've seen someone sold forged internals on ebay for AV6 with low compression. It was for 6th. gen but can be used on 7th gen. since bore x stroke the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts