Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm about to pull the trigger on this although I'm still not 100% comfortable with what I'm doing. I have an 04 Accord w/ Navi and I want to keep the XM. So if I understand correctly I need to have an Icelink and then buy the seperate soundgate splitter which will allow me to keep XM. This will allow me to control the ipod from the steering wheel as well as keep the ipod charged. Is that correct?

Since the navi screen will not show the ID3 info I really want to have a display that will. Is there a unit that I can install at the same time that will show this info. I was thinking I'd put the display in the opening below the navi screen and the Ipod in my armrest console. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
763 Posts
the soundgate splitter will not allow you to keep your factory xm. The splitter switches between 2 rca inputs. The only way to get it to work is to use a y-bus cable from honda and put a power switch on the power line of the icelink/soundgate unit.

·
Registered
763 Posts
i'm actually selling mine now. Its the honda y-bus cable with a switch on the power line. it costs around $35 plus shipping for this when new just for the cable. I'll sell it to you for $25 shipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts