Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys simple question hopefully you could help.:confused:

My car is a 2005 Ex V6 6-Speed

So what I have installedin my car is:

V2 AEM Cold Air Intake
Magnaflow Catback Exhoust Kit
V3 Jpipe
And High Flow Precats

These are all installed on my car and my car seems to run good.

So my question is "With all these upgrades do I need to get my car tuned at a shop?"

·
James
1,094 Posts
People are gonna go in on you. This car cannot be tuned without the addition of an aftermarket computer of some kind. But also no, you shouldn't need a tune really.. Most of your mods just free up exhaust flow, so after the car has already processed the air and fuel and is in the process of ejecting it

·
Keep it Clean
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:up: Thank You guys for the advice Very helpful..

So is there large amount aftermarker computer for our cars?

Any reccomendations on which one to buy?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
As Kiet said, you don't need a tune but your car will run much better with one. The AEM FIC works pretty well when wired correctly. The best out thus far is the JnR ECU. It's currently out for the TL but will be shortly for the Accord as well. I believe the only change that has to be made is the wiring of the harness.

There have been gains of 20+whp/tq throughout the entire RPM band with higher amounts in the midrange. ;)

·
Maverick_Supersonic
1,706 Posts
that would be nice if we could use the JnR ECU

·
ER MER GERD!!!!
129 Posts
:facepalm3:

The JnR may be my next mod....and Jason's...if so, you will come to the dark side. I know it! Until then, :liar:

:p
I have nothing usueful to offer here other than...that was funny :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Cool,i just got the hfpc installed,and have the same setup as you and get it slightly at 3k.it sounds great every where else though, and only when i'm driving it hard

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
^ yes

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
^ Its going to be good for about 1 week, and then it sback to normal. the ecu is smart and also stubborn.

·
Registered
408 Posts
In case you were wondering, i just replaced the 18'' resonator that's on the magnaflow with a 22'' and all rasp is gone,and sounds amazing. didn't quiet it down alot, just enough to calm the little rasp at 3k. I recommend it if you have a chance. That rasp was starting to annoy me when i stepped on it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts