Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I will vtec over you
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching on the forums but couldn't find any reslts. I have an '05 V6 Ex Accord Sedan. My car sounds like it needs a valve adjustment. The faint clicking noise is getting worse with time. I have been told by a Honda mechanic that they no longer do valve adjustments on V6 Accords. Can anyone verify this and why? What are the mileage intervals to get a valve adjustment done (if necessary)? Thanks.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
i also had a chatty engine and the honda mechanic told me it sounded fine.... it turned out that all my intake valves were wayyy out of whack (this was when my car was pretty new so it was improperly assembled from the factory).

get another opinion on it.

·
I will vtec over you
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the dollar value of something like this? I want it done on my ride but I do not want to get taken for one.
I want to know the same thing too, I've heard a lot of varying costs, from $450 to near $1,000. I just don't want to get ripped off by a shop.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Well, I charge $125 to adjust valves and it takes me about 3-4 hours to do it taking my time on a V6. You have to pull the upper intake and valve covers to do it. There may be SOME additional costs if valve cover gaskets or intake gaskets have to be replaced, but no more than another $100 for those parts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
NVA - you make me wanna take a vacation in your neck of the woods just to have my car fixed properly. How far are you from NY and are there any Motel 6 around?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
anyone think my k24 needs valve adjustment? I'm trying to get my engine to idle smoother. and i hear a faint "ticking" sound near the EGR valve. its got 103k miles, 2006 car.

·
fit freak
232 Posts
valve adjustment on J motor is super easy, i could do them in about an hour or less, but i used to work at the dealer :p
purge control solenoid makes tapping noises too as they get older, near throttle body on v6

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
valve adjustment on J motor is super easy, i could do them in about an hour or less, but i used to work at the dealer :p
purge control solenoid makes tapping noises too as they get older, near throttle body on v6
is valve adjustment on k24 any easier than j-series?

·
LED/HID Retrofitter
202 Posts
How would one find a guide on how to adjust the valves? I desprately need to do this. I just need to know how to do it and what the thresholds are. Thanks

BTW: are there any factory service manuals for out car in PDF form? I know i heard someone say something about one being free on honda's website, but i just wanted to check.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts