Discussion Starter #1
G6 coupe:

Accord coupe (from google pictures):

Even the headlights are almost identical:

Is it just me??

·
Deceptively Quick...
339 Posts
Hey, I feel honored that Pontiac would benchmark our cars for their G6 coupe. :D I doubt it can compete mechanically and in fit-and-finish, but I have to give them a lot of credit for trying. I'm sure it's a lot better than the Grand Am it replaces. :up2:

·
Registered
278 Posts
yea they're somewhat similar..but then again..the accord coupe looks kinda like the mercury cougar... :hide:
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

^^even the rims look similar to the stock 6speed ones lol

Of course the accord is BETTER all around :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SatinStealth said:
Hey, I feel honored that Pontiac would benchmark our cars for their G6 coupe. :D I doubt it can compete mechanically and in fit-and-finish, but I have to give them a lot of credit for trying. I'm sure it's a lot better than the Grand Am it replaces. :up2:
Hey. My old car was a Grand Am!
AstonV12 said:
yea they're somewhat similar..but then again..the accord coupe looks kinda like the mercury cougar...
Yeah, I see that. But when I saw the new 06 Eclipse, I thought it looked like the Accord, so I guess it makes sense.

What's with all the look-alikes? Are car companies running out of body design ideas?

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Car designs are becoming far to similar these days. That's why I love how my AV6 looks. No other coupe looks like that from the rear end (minus the NSX) :D .

Though I think the G6 coupe looks more like the 2nd gen Solara from the rear end.

koolbreeze said:
u guys seen the sedan's sunroof? it's so ugly when it's open... looks like stacked solar panels... looks stupid...
Yeah, but it does have a nice sized opening (function over form). But since you don't like how the sedan looks when it's sunroof is open, maybe this one will appeal to you :D .

G6 Convertible

·
Registered
836 Posts
haha it must suck for that guy to sit there like that while the car is rotating and press is taking pics. at least on non-convertibles the windows are usually deeply tinted. :laugh:

i also thought the coupe kinda looked like the 7th gen Accord coupe. their commercial is stupid though. "The altima 2.5 wasnt designed with this much power"...hello?! they have to compare their V6 to a 4 banger?! their 3.5 V6 makes only 201hp, and nissan's QR25 4 cylinder makes 175 hp. :rolleye2:

i like the song from the other commercial though. "Son's Gonna Rise" by Citizen Cope.

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
That commercial is lame. They compare it to accord by the lack of remote start. Lets talk about the 40 extra ponies with a smaller engine, and stock leather on the EX.

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
There is quite a resemblance between the G6 and Accord Coupe. I actually like the G6 better from those two pics posted, but of course one is a stock photo and the other is the "advertising" picture that is jazzed up. I'm impressed with Pontiac's effort though. Those sleek lines are against the grain as far as Pontiacs go.

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
Watch out for these things. Some of them are coming supercharged with 240hp. Pretty much like the old GP GTPs... Might be pretty quick!

·
From J30A to 4g63
753 Posts
Everyones using the style, especially Hyundai, the new sonata is very similar to the accord sedan. Pf course hyundai has copied honda for a long time now...not suprised.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts