Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or has this forum just about died? There just is no action in here anymore...

·
Banned
3,284 Posts
ur chapter sux!

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
They wish they were as cool as us in so cal...

:p

·
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon
3,305 Posts
Well as a single person I dont need to feel as cool as the next person, but I will say that this chapter has been died since that sig incident and has hit hard. I try not to be the only person posting so I stay out of this chapter lol. Yes the East coast sucks most of the time but hey what can you do man. I cant speak for everyone in the east coast since I am talking about what I've seen. Cali is huge on the car meet thing so its all good. I've seen your clips of your meets and its nice to have big meets that people show up to.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I think they're all at honduh.com :D ;)

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
i feel that this board has been slipping recently, i just wasnt gonna say it

·
Just a Regular Member now
963 Posts
Any suggestions on how to make it better? Most of the staff has been working hard getting our estore set-up and promoting our products at shows in the West Coast.

We'll be putting together our V6P Authorized Shop program for each of the local chapters so our members can goto differnt shops for discounts and for Unichip programming. This shop program will not work if we don't get members to volunteer to seek out good shops.

Like we've all said before, its the members that make this site work. If the members themselves don't want to participate, then so be it. They've got no right to complain then. Yes, we do moderate posts. In fact, we moderate more posts than many boards out there. However, we're no more strict than the other A-Class sites like acura-cl.com, maxima.org, etc...

We know that some folks moved "their" honda club over to honduh. No biggie. If members aren't interested in participating here just because two so-called leaders of the local chapter were banned, there's nothing we can do about it. The world doesn't revolve around them.

This site was created with the goal of making parts and accessories for our AV6's simply because no one else would. We've also expanded to other V6 markets as well. This site was created by our members and built by our members. We have over 10,000 members signed up now and have deals with various new vendors to provide products for our store. In addition, V6P will be rolling out even more new products for our members. No other car forum has created custom parts and accessories for its members. That's what makes us unique and that's why we've had various companies including ebay come knocking on our door for the past few months trying to work out deals with us.

Just my .02

Dizzy

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
1,881 Posts
its seems like this board has reached a plateau when it comes to discussing new issues w/v6 accords. i don't think its the lack of member participation, but rather a lack of issues to overcome. back in the days of av6.com new issues came up everyday and it seemed i learned something new about my car everyday. but now any newbie that logs on doesn't really need to post questions to build up their av6. if they search properly, they find all the info they ever need covered.

lol......the search function is heavily encouraged on this board, and now people feel that the forum is dead.

i myself am getting bored w/my av6. i've read about my car as much possible, and since i'm not a hard-core tuner nor do i have a show car, i'm really not interested in discussing new advanced mods that are available.....maybe i'm getting old....lol

btw, props to the mods who have put the e-store together :up:

·
963 Posts
DaBenz7898 said:
its seems like this board has reached a plateau when it comes to discussing new issues w/v6 accords. i don't think its the lack of member participation, but rather a lack of issues to overcome. back in the days of av6.com new issues came up everyday and it seemed i learned something new about my car everyday. but now any newbie that logs on doesn't really need to post questions to build up their av6. if they search properly, they find all the info they ever need covered.

lol......the search function is heavily encouraged on this board, and now people feel that the forum is dead.

i myself am getting bored w/my av6. i've read about my car as much possible, and since i'm not a hard-core tuner nor do i have a show car, i'm really not interested in discussing new advanced mods that are available.....maybe i'm getting old....lol

btw, props to the mods who have put the e-store together :up:
Good Point. I didn't think of that :) Maybe that's why we're mostly in the General Discussion and Random chatter areas :)

Dizzy

·
Registered
220 Posts
Please don't take my comments as ill intentioned. These are just some personal opinions.

1. V6P has to offer something more than accord issues info and some parts with the V6P logo on them. It does not matter how good a part is, if I cannot identify myself with it, I might not buy it.

2. V6P should have official activities organized for it's members, besides some sort of sale. Maybe a Sunday cruise or drive, weekly on monthly meets, races (legal ones).

3. V6P needs to show the organization strength to its members. The fact that the July 19 meet in VA Beach never happened speaks for itself.

4. V6P can not (should not) rely on members to set up V6P activities. If someone wants to have a meet 1.5 hrs (or more) away from me, why should I go more than once? Why can't I try to set one up myself in a closer place? I will not even get started with the starting time.

5. V6P, or any member trying to set up some activity, MUST NOT use language such as "who will ACTUALLY show up this time" in an organizing thread. That's just not cool.

I know there was a division in this region caused by the particular interests of several members. Some wanted a group cruise with racing and swimsuit action. Others wanted a meet, greet, and promote activity. It is the combination of those different interests what generates growth in the forum. That is precisely why (IMHO) the MD-DC-VA-WV forum has been so quiet lately.

Just my $0.02.

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
1,881 Posts
6speedv6 said:
3. V6P needs to show the organization strength to its members. The fact that the July 19 meet in VA Beach never happened speaks for itself.

4. V6P can not (should not) rely on members to set up V6P activities. If someone wants to have a meet 1.5 hrs (or more) away from me, why should I go more than once? Why can't I try to set one up myself in a closer place? I will not even get started with the starting time.
lol....#3 and #4 sorta contradict each other. v6p is made up of regular v6 drivers. there isn't some ceo sitting in a big office somewhere.....is there, dizzy? lol......in fact, members should take it upon themselves to set up local meets, especially if the nearest one is more than a hours drive away. having more than 5 people coordinate a time/place is tough enough, organizing a national meet is next to impossible :eek: but i think the only reason that the VA beach meet never happened because of lack of commintment from the members (that includes me too). instead i prefer working on getting local meets. there's no moderator for the "northeast" chapter. but us boston area members took it upon ourselves to get together. now we even have our own "massachusetts" chapter.......its the combined effort of individuals that will help this forum succeed (and it has). we don't pay any dues, so we should expect anything more than what we put into it. -- my .02 :D

·
Senior Moderhater
6,110 Posts
Pedro... let me clear up one mis-understanding to you. The VA beach meet that was attempted to be organized was by solely MY discretion... everyone said they were coming and thats great, the time came when I needed to book hotels for everyone.. then all of a sudenn people have OTHER priorities.. but thats fine. I am not gonna drive 6 hours just to see 2 accords (I can do better here).

We cant force people to show upto meets if they dont want to, I met up with several accord owners who really arent into the social hangout/car meets... thats fine, and that doesnt make them any less of a person.

I gave mad props to you for taking the bus all the way to SEMA IAS with Rich, Jerry, Francis and I. It was fun to have you along (except when you got lost LOL)

As regional moderators we always try our best to organize meetings/hangouts to best accomodate everyone (hell our region has to cover 3 states at least... its a pain in the ass trying to get a big turnout, I was especially extatic that we had a 42 member car turnout that I planned... and another with 35 members, and several other mini meets. I am not trying to make it into a I did this, you did that... but I for one can get tired of frequently trying to juggle work, college, bills, a bank, a church, a internet forum, and helping locals and community events with whatever time I have.

I think having a member setting up a meet is A-ok... but when people start depending on those select 1 or 2 individuals... thats when you start to see a problem. More MEMBERS need to step upto the plate and think about the members AND the site rather themselves and saying... gimme gimme gimme. The NY-NJ-CT section showed alot of devouting and the willingness to oversee personal prejudices and indefferences about doing certain things, and they pull through TOGETHER each time. We dont make a fuss, we dont argue with our fellow friends... anytime and everytime we get together its strictly about having fun.

·
Registered
220 Posts
That's true. It all depends on the point of view and the people who make up the group. In our case, most of the members are from MD and I am from VA. So, for me it was always 1+ hours drive. When I say something about Northern VA (which is still 30 min for me) they all look me like I was from Mars. On top of that, I like autocrossing, racing, and cruising, which most AV6 owners don't do (mainly because auto tranny issues). They preffer the show scene, which for me is good once or twice during a year.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Glad you say that abram2001. You should post that answer in the main page. I was carefull enough when I wrote #3 so that I did not pointed any fingers (I can't). But now the one in charge (you) can speak up and give all those who backed out a much needed check.

In the MD-CD-VA-WV chapter case, the "organizers" did not had what was needed to ensure the growth of the chapter.

·
Senior Moderhater
6,110 Posts
lol pedro,

I dont have any problem posting it on the main page... but it would serve no other purpose than people thinking that I am yelling at them. It was there choice not to come to the va beach meet.

If all works out... maybe we can do one this following summer (just as long as people commit to it).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Pedro I would love to do an autocrossing event. If you have info on one coming up let me know and maybe I can meet you. I did all this stuff to my car and all I do is just drive it back and forth to work. It would be nice to take it out somewhere for fun or show.

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
963 Posts
Just FYI Pedro, we USED to do our meets in N.Va at Tyson's II. Then some of the more active members moved it to weekly Friday meets in Rockville. I've had no beef with that since that's closer to me :)

However, the Tyson's meets can no longer happen. Thanks to some other car clubs who used to have their meets there, car clubs are no longer allowed to meet there. Mall Security will force everyone to leave if they see us out there. I don't know the specifics of what had occurred, but I assumed something happened to get them all riled up since we used to do meets there for the past 6 years.

Can you suggest another N.VA location? There's always the "Silver Diner" meets as well. I might check those out someday.

Pedro, once again, thank you for making the SEMA AC trip :)

"1. V6P has to offer something more than accord issues info and some parts with the V6P logo on them. It does not matter how good a part is, if I cannot identify myself with it, I might not buy it."

Can you be more specific on this? We're hoping to expand our line-up to other cars and some products like the Ground Control kits do work on other cars. But we put out the AV6 parts first since this site was originally for the AV6. I know you have a TL so maybe you can give us suggestions. Acura-TL.com is a great site, however, they don't make their own product line. That's where we can fill that niche.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Dizzy

1 - 20 of 50 Posts