Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 accord coupe I4 and I bought used fog lights from ebay but the guy didn't give me the switch harness part.

Is it still possible to hook up the fog lights directly to the head light fuse? Or maybe run it with an aftermarket switch?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Save ur self the headaches and buy the switch and harness at honda dealer.. Or one of those online honda dealers.. Keep it clean lookin with a factory switch.. just my 2 cents.. But if u want to rig it another way.. Sure it's possible.. Lot's of different ways to make it work...Relay tapped off the headlight circuit.. Swithed 12v source.. Many options..

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey fob, can you tell me how you hooked it up to your low beams? there are like 3 different wires with red/green, red/blue, green/black, something liek that. which one do I use?

·
Registered
370 Posts
accord5speed said:
Do I connect all three wires together and attach it to a fuse?
If ur asking that question u probably shouldn't be hooking it up in the first place...Get yourself a multimeter and check for voltage on whichever wires u decide to use to hook up your fogs.. U are going to need atleast 2 wires.. 1 positive 12v source to be hooked to your lights which should be fused somewhere along the line depending on where u hook it up to.. Also u will need a ground source... negative.. There are many ways to hook this thing up.. But I have a feeling u might want to have a buddy or someone who knows a little bit about this stuff to wire it for ya.. Dont want ya to fry anything... Simplest way to do it is to install a switch in your dash area where the factory switch would go and power that with a fused 12v power source.. Than just run that to the fogs.. Hook up the grounds and your done...Electrical at it's most basic.. :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh by the way, I figured out how to wire the harness. Basically you connect all the wires that are after the relay together and touch any of them with the power and ground and it will come on. Very simple, doesn't need a electrician to get it to work. I twisted the red/blue wires together and tagged it onto a power source. Then attached the other two wires to a switch and thats it! So I got the oem fog lights for 60 bucks(on ebay), not bad...

·
Banned
363 Posts
accord5speed said:
Oh by the way, I figured out how to wire the harness. Basically you connect all the wires that are after the relay together and touch any of them with the power and ground and it will come on. Very simple, doesn't need a electrician to get it to work. I twisted the red/blue wires together and tagged it onto a power source. Then attached the other two wires to a switch and thats it! So I got the oem fog lights for 60 bucks(on ebay), not bad...
post pics of the final product once you're done :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts