Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Super IcyAccord
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alrighty :) thanks.

just wanted to know before i spend a fortune on an OEM lip kit... at least ill be able to scrape it and not worry about it blowing up into a million pieces.

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
its hard to mess up an oem kit or crack it. its pretty damn sturdy. i have scraps on the bottom of mine but it looks mint still

·
★★★★
2,138 Posts

·
v not some model, my girl
5,806 Posts
im not 100 percent sure but i thought the OEM lip kits were originally made from ABS plastic...... Wheelman are you 100 percent sure that oem kits are polyurethane? I know for a fact Hondas OEM bumpers are ABS plastic.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,766 Posts
oh? ..I Always "heard" they were poly. Sorry But, I'm not 100% sure they are poly. Who would dish out that much money for non-poly HONDA OEM kits?

·
5,806 Posts
oh? ..I Always "heard" they were poly. Sorry But, I'm not 100% sure they are poly. Who would dish out that much money for non-poly HONDA OEM kits?
the reason Honda uses ABS plastic instead of Poly is to cut down on material costs, poly costs more. and abs is also alot easier to fix. poly might be more flexible but it also tends to "sag" or lose fitment especially under the sun.

·
Super IcyAccord
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks v6pee :)

i have about 5 abs plastic mugen lips in my garage, all shattered into 2309482034 pieces lols.

guess its time to sell the 01-02 bumper! gonna dust off the 98-00 :D

·
5,806 Posts
The OEM lip is polyurethane...

...And by polyurethane I mean some form of plastic that bends like polyurethane and has no relation to the ABS plastic that is on eBay.
there are different types of ABS plastic. unfortunatly the ABS on Ebay is relative to PVC piping. pretty stiff and shatters easily.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts