Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my first Honda about a year ago and I e had so much fun with it oh by the way it’s a 98 Honda Accord V6 Coupe one owner and in great shape other than the clear coat but great car. Now here is my question. Sadly it suffered a pretty traumatic injury last week by hitting some livestock that was just standing in the middle of the hwy. now I had just got on the road so I was probably doing about 30-35 mph and it was about the same color as night needless to say it pretty much landed in my lap and I really don’t want to let go of it but think putting engine and transmission actually would love to do a 6 speed manual in at same time but my concern is I went and got a 6 gen coupe but this one is a 02 and I’m concerned about the fact that one being 1st year of the gen and the replacement is the last year of the 6 gen is this going to cause problems that I’m not aware of and if not this sound like the perfect opportunity for that 6 speed
Thanks for any input

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you recommend it I haven’t done a lot of research since this was an unforeseen swap and this new coupe has other options like different climate controls on dash steering wheel audio controls and I believe it has some thing in over head console for door opener for your garage anyway any wisdom would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
16 Posts
They make a deprecate processor for your climate since the 98 EcU doesn’t work with the newer model
As far a a manual trans your looking and a hell of of a lot of work changing firewall EcU etc if you have a **** load of time and money go for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They make a deprecate processor for your climate since the 98 EcU doesn’t work with the newer model
As far a a manual trans your looking and a hell of of a lot of work changing firewall EcU etc if you have a **** load of time and money go for it.
Yes I definitely ran into some issues the O2 has coil overs whereas the 98 as a distributor plug wires but it seemed but 02 motor it’s good As far as the transmission goes I’m at the one that’s in the 2002 is no good would it be easier to do a manual six speed swap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might have some harness issues, due to mid model changes, but nothing a bit of solder and heat shrink can't fix. Are you swapping the ECU and harness too?
Not sure since i didn’t do my homework on the purchase of the compatibility between the O2 and 98 thinking of going with the 02 motor now and looking in to a manual 6 speed but not sure yet thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts