Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I just got a ride in my friend's 08 Honda SI.

The muffler sound is really great. Would it be possible to fit 2 SI exhaust instead of the v6 double pipes with no sound?

I'm in Quebec, Canada and Police officers are ****s here. We can't have aftermarket mufflers and I'm looking for a more sounding setup.

Thanks!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Probably possible you'll just have to hack off the pipe going towards the front of the car and custom fit it to your stock exhaust

·
-Maninder
3,962 Posts
if you're talking about just the mufflers themself, it will work you just need to have them welded on to a new catback, or your stock one 0_o. i doubt it will sound anything alike your friends car though

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any way of getting a better sound out with stock exhaust then?

I think 2 Si mufflers are kind of pricey for the difference it will make.

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
the 8th accord gen oem mufflers look exactly like the si muffler. might b easier to do that

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
seems like a waste unless you are getting the muffler for free?? your accord will never sound like a civic. The civic can high rev. Why don't you cut off the mid muffler and resonator and add in a magnaflow 1. That should give it a nice sound.

·
Registered
722 Posts
^ is there a noticeable sound difference incabin and outside??
I can't speak from experience, but from I've read, its not really noticable in-cabin. It does not give rasp, but your exhaust tone will be a little louder. Some people said they can feel their car faster, but it all depends our your butt dyno.

·
Going back to my roots.
305 Posts
Anything is possible with the right amount of money behind it. Have a shop cut off your mufflers, fit the new ones/hanger mounts and make sure everything has enough clearance and that seems like that would be it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well from what I read from you, I think i'll just stick to the stock ones.
I might get some Mid exhaust magnaflow if I find a deal somewhere.

That might work best. I don't want to fit something McIver style. I want it to be done correctly :)

Thanks for quick replys!

·
-bananavillage
672 Posts
Get the magnaflows & custom piping, its relatively cheap (about $75/muffler) and remove mid resonator like others say. That should yield a nice tone!

·
wht_on_blk
180 Posts
go with vibrant stealth i have 2 of those they give it a stock look but they are straight thru, im in Toronto and never got troubled for exhaust...YET

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I say vibrant stealth or apexi noir. Looks stock and you wont get hassle. It will be a bit louder but nothing to get pulled over for. You could also delete the mid pipe and replace it with a magnaflow resonator. This option may give you slight performance gains.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts