Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a custom 3'' single exhaust made, and I'm going to get a V3 J-Pipe to go along with it. Well I was, until I saw my friends header crack in cold weather. I live up here in Canada, and it gets hella cold in winter. Has anyone run a J-Pipe for a full winter with -30C and colder weather?

·
Registered
333 Posts
It depends on the thickness of the tubing I guess was his header a cheapo obx(ebay) style header what was the thickness? Im sure you could ask richie what the thickness of his piping is

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
You should be safe, but since you're going custom on the exhaust, why not go custom on the Jpipe with a similar design as the V3? This way you can implement a better merge to your 3" exhaust.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I assumed that unless you really knew what you we're doing making a J-pipe wouldn't be that simple. I figured I'd leave the J-pipe to the pros, and get the exhaust done custom.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
have the whole under body sprayed with Zinc that should help slow corrosion.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The j-pipe will handle winter fine! Mine is still fine after 1 winter of driving. The problem I would be more concerned about is corrosion, since I am pretty sure you guys out east use salt on your roads in the winter. Plus, any car that comes from eastern canada looks like **** for rust, even after 1 year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts