Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting custom built J pipes next monday. Im thinking about going single outlet with an HKS carbon TI turbo edition. My question is, will the single outlet produce more power than the dual? Custom piping for the J pipe costs around 500 for true duals but the single only costs about 50 to 75 dollars less than that. Remember, im trying to go for performance even though i KNOW i have an auto v6

·
_
1,648 Posts
don't know what to tell you. as long as the pressure stays the same or improves you would see power and not lose it. i don't know the math behind it though. it's all about the diameter piping and the muffler. just up the piping no more than an inch, take out the third cat and run that muffler, resonater would probably be a good idea. i heard a lot of people put them back in after they have them removed, but the opposite as well, take it out and leave it out. it's up to you. got a link for the hks can? where you located in socal and where you having this done? i have been looking for someone to bend and weld in san diego.

·
_
1,648 Posts
who makes tip-less mufflers? i want to have a custom exhaust made, but if possible i know a specific exhaust tip i would want to use. am i going to need the whole muffler from this car, or can i just get the tips and adapt them to a less restrictive universal muffler? anyone know?

·
Registered
210 Posts
austin just go w/ the single exhaust! but which ever one you decide just remember you gotta order your muffler one week in advance... so if i order the muffler on the 29th.. i'll get the piping done on friday may 6th! so i'll prolly go to mazz on the 6th for the duals

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
brex said:
have u guys checked out this shop work? will they be using high quality materials?

yeahh austin make sure they using good sheet...i kno the place brex got his....they are pretty damn good....i was going to get my j pipe done from them a while back. they only said 350.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Does anyone have Dyno's of the true duals vs. single...both w/ J-pipes? I'm curious about loss of backpressure and how it would effect the midrange HP and torque.

About materials, what would you guys consider "good" piping material?

I'm wondering how Duals would sound w/ comptech mufflers...?

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just purchased my hks carbon TI exhaust today for 290, it's going into the shop tomorrow and coming out on friday. Dont know bout dyno cuz... dont think imma do it.. unless... PAY FOR MY DYNO~!!! kekek btw, im going single with j pipe

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes it is.. and ... WOW... crazy.. it's no v6 pur.. it aiin't no growl either... it literally RUMBLES... it's loud but LOW loud.. i compared it with my friend's s2k hks and my friend's 350z hks.. both of em are higher pitched than mine but mine is really really LOW loud. the pull is amazing at the same time. ran the 350z that night and he was amazed at how i was behind the whole time. i wasn't trying to race, i just stayed behind him because we were crusing at high speeds, didn't even go full throttle. might be retarded but i think i coulda actually took him that night too. =) if ya wanna check it out, im located in fullerton. PM me for my number and you can hit me up and meet. remember.. im da numba 1 to go single with custom J pipe!!

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
as2222 said:
remember.. im da numba 1 to go single with custom J pipe!!
hmm.. sorry, but that is not true.. another member (i think t-man or tman) up in vancouver, canada did it almost a year ago... he even went as far as taking out all three cats (including the two that has o2 sensor)..

there are also couple other people elsewhere (not on v6p i think)i kinda remember did it too but i can't confirm them..

;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
eccsnow
Any pics of your J-Pipe?

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
what is the pipe size from the jpipe to the Muffuler

·
Registered