Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know about the performance of this J pipe and test pipe.How does the car run in the 1/4 mile times with a OE. set up.Then with the J pipe and test pipe on OE set up. What is the power and torque like on OE system, Then with J pipe and test pipe.what was hwy.driving with OE.system like the power etc. and what was the MPG before the J pipe and after. I have heard lots about the noise it can make, But the performance is what i am hoping to improvements

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
There are many posts on this, and even a designated thread reporting the improved power throughout the powerband of the J-pipe. The low-midrange torque is greatly improved, and the top end breathes better as well. I ran a 14.3 @98.9 mph with a 2.4 60' with Fujita CAI, J-pipe/test pipe. It's a great mod and I, along with many others on the site highly recommend it.

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
There are many posts on this, and even a designated thread reporting the improved power throughout the powerband of the J-pipe. The low-midrange torque is greatly improved, and the top end breathes better as well. I ran a 14.3 @98.9 mph with a 2.4 60' with Fujita CAI, J-pipe/test pipe. It's a great mod and I, along with many others on the site highly recommend it.
x2. The most noticeable difference after I installed mine was the improvement in low/midrange torque. I've been flogging the car more often, and the MPG has stayed the same, so it SHOULD bring an MPG improvement with the same driving style anyway. This mod gave me actual discernable improvement in acceleration, something my Magnaflow exhaust didn't. You must get this mod if you do anything to improve power. :D

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
^ What those guys said, although I felt a much bigger gain with the combo when I put my exhaust on. Don't get me wrong, when I had only the stock exhaust the J-Pipe/Test-Pipe definitely made a nice gain, but once the exhaust went on it really helped the entire exhaust flow and I felt like I had a completely different performing car from the stock configuration. I love the mid-range torque increase, especially when crusing around 45 or 50 and dropping it into 3rd and gunnning it. The car pulls like never before. Definitely worth the money and Richie is a great guy so his customer service is top notch!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts