Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m new here so sorry if this has been answered before. I am looking to swap a 7th gen trans into the 6th gen Accord. I had heard there needed to be a special wiring harness that a user of this forum used to make years ago, but now I have no idea what to do with the ecu. Am I able to use a j30a4 wiring harness or ecu or both? Or do I need to do some soldering on the original ecu?

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,782 Posts
You did not specify auto or manual...however, based on this statement: "I had heard there needed to be a special wiring harness that a user of this forum used to make years ago" It sounds like you want to swap in the Manual into your 6th gen accord. Well I got bad news for you. RichieV6 does not make those "Modules" anymore, hasn't made them for about 10 years. Those modules never come up for sale either.

You cannot use a 7th gen wiring harness or ECU in the 6thgen with the J30A1, they are completely different.

Take my advice, save your money for something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is away to swap the 6 Speed in without the need for that harness.

The problem I'm having is finding the beam for the transmission mounts. It's no longer made. If someone has one I would gladly pay them to rent it for a day. I can have one made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts