Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just did a J32 swap however I did much of it myself with a little bit of help from a friend however I having some slight issues. One of the issue that I believe is the source of all my problem is the no power from the alternator. I can start my engine fine but the Idle will start at about 1000-1500 rpm and then surge constanly to about 3500. Features such as my radiator fans, ect sensor, and my door and trunk sensor either dont work or is malfuntioning espicially when it revs on its own. The biggest reason Iknow something is wrong electrically is because the engine dies as the battery dies. please help where do i start

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how about the instrument light,is it all work?if you don't have power from alternator the light should on with battery pic,if not.try check on the fuse box under the hood.
the lights works fine on the dash and i checked the fuses unless it a relay when the battery goes dead with the engine running everything starts to go. i used the same alternator on the the last motor so there shouldnt be a problem

·
Registered
869 Posts
when the engine run,is it the light with battery pic on?it should be on. try check the fuses on driver and passenger side and follow big wire from alternator,it should be 12volt.

btw what a kind dash connector you use (accord or TL)?is it direct swap to swap the ECU?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are several changes to the A connector at the ECU that have to be made, none of them being ELD which controls idle undr high electrical loads.
Well I see that eld pin on the diagram and they supposedly match

here are the diagrams im lookin at

here is the tl

I dont understand what to move if they match I have 99 accord and a 2001 ecu the only one I saw I had to match was the #1

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took my alternator to autozone since I dont have a coltage meter and they said the alternator was good so what else could it be is the alternator putting out power as soon as the engine is started

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Just did a J32 swap however I did much of it myself with a little bit of help from a friend however I having some slight issues. One of the issue that I believe is the source of all my problem is the no power from the alternator. I can start my engine fine but the Idle will start at about 1000-1500 rpm and then surge constanly to about 3500. Features such as my radiator fans, ect sensor, and my door and trunk sensor either dont work or is malfuntioning espicially when it revs on its own. The biggest reason Iknow something is wrong electrically is because the engine dies as the battery dies. please help where do i start
Hey so did u get the swap running I am doing the same swap and my car don’t start either

·
Registered
8 Posts
U did a j32 swap on a accord

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello everyone I did a j32 swap on my 2000 accord ex had a V6 with a distributor so I put the j32 motor in plug rite in but won’t start has fuel but no spark I change the ecm change the ring around the Key cylinder so it can read the Acura key when I turn it but still I don’t start please anyone can please help with this first time doing this set up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts