Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
slightly used,slightly damaged... 500$+shipping OBO..

for thoses that remember the reason i got the 3.5 i ran into a problem with my old engine and it ended up needing replacement , the bottom end is completely rebuit,new bearings it turns out the problem was the 2 center pistons chipped off a peice from some kind of ring seperation so those 2 along with rings sets would need replaced..the rest of the block is perfect and as i said you evn got a new bearing set for the crank out of the deal

dont be fooled by my low post count ...im type R from A-CL and am a modderator there and a member since '01 ..i even go back to the days of honda-acura.net

·
AV6er
524 Posts
Can I ask how you ended up chipping off ring landings in the first place? Forced Induction? Nitrous?

That type of thing should'nt have happened under normal wear n tear, even with bolt-ons and abusive driving.

Doesn't sound like a good thing for j series pistons.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-=SoCalV6=- said:
Can I ask how you ended up chipping off ring landings in the first place? Forced Induction? Nitrous?

That type of thing should'nt have happened under normal wear n tear, even with bolt-ons and abusive driving.

Doesn't sound like a good thing for j series pistons.
PM' me

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ bump for the type S shorty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts