Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently installed the J32A3 ecu onto my car.

First, Obtain a J32A3 ECU
Removing the ECU is an easy task under the radio unit of the car

Everything was plug and play minus 3 wires that needs to move around.

Wires that need to move around are all in the Grey plug which is "A".
J30 J32
A13 A30 (Cruise control wire from clutch)
A28 A1 (SG4)
A31 A12 (VCC4)

The ECU programmed fine using the Maxidas DS708. Use the honda menu of this machine and not acura. I have not been able to change the VIN on the ECU and its still the TL's

Review of the ECU vs stock. Smoother drive experience in first gear in traffic. More torque and less lugging when in high gear low rev.
Negative: I am sort of getting a minor rev hang when shifting. Not sure if its the 3.7 TB affecting it but my old ecu never did.

Currently after a couple day driving, my long term fuel trim is at around -03.9% which i have no idea how to interpret it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What was your original goal in installing this? Is it required for other mods you've done or is it a stand alone upgrade?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My original plan was to do a j32a3 swap as my engine wasn't running before but now it's fine. I just had this laying around so I might as well try it out. In process of building a j35 which I'll drop in next year

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do notice that I have less power at 1000-2500. Above that I think I pull harder than the j30 ecu.

I'm running with the j30 modded

·
Banned
72 Posts
Sweet . I'm building a j32 right now . And my ecu comes in this week sometime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
72 Posts
So what exactly do I need to install my tl ecu ? I need to move the wires around then have it programmed and that's it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
immobilizer program will let it run.

moving the wires around allow for cruise control to work and no check engine light

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but would anyone know what wires I would need to swap if I'm running an auto J32a3? PRNDL on my cluster isn't illuminated anymore (doesn't show what position trans is in), I get harsh up/downshifts and it's not picking up transmission speed.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same wire for sure but there is the automatic transmission plug in the middle. Look at the pin out diagram. Also the tl uses sport shift so u might be better off with a stock ecu with a piggy back.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually some of those wires. U need to refer to both diagrams to do have it work with the j32 ecu.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,790 Posts
......Negative: I am sort of getting a minor rev hang when shifting. Not sure if its the 3.7 TB affecting it but my old ecu never did.

I think I have heard of this issue before on Acurazine.com; among 1 mod to the persons car was this same 3.7 manifold and T/B. However, this was on a 03 CL-s w/ J32A2

·
Registered
33 Posts
In my case I have the Motorola ECU then since mine is an 05.
I just repinned the grey connector A, what else am I missing out? I am using the Alldata pinouts for both ECUs as reference if that helps. I'm a total noob at this and kinda stuck at the moment...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so little update. p r n d works. sport shift will require the shifter box to move it into m mode and then paddles added if wanted.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts