Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
Nice. What were you trapping before the swap? How long did the swap take you? Any problems, or is the wiring harness the only thing you have to mess around with to get the J32a3 installed? TL ecu or stock one?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
spill the beans for the swap. lol what ecu are you running?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Nice swap. Shouldnt you run a bit quicker than 14.1s with the swap & the bolt-ons? I ran a 14.3 with just a intake...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice. What were you trapping before the swap? How long did the swap take you? Any problems, or is the wiring harness the only thing you have to mess around with to get the J32a3 installed? TL ecu or stock one?
Before the swap I trapped once at 98 mph, did 14.2 at that speed with 2.21.. 0 to 60 foot. than mostly 97.. 14.3 and 14.4 best with just the Borla exhaust.
I pay someone to to swap the engine. it took him two day. I have a check engine do to a pin that need to be relocate on the ecu harness that all. I have the Tl ecu.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice swap. Shouldnt you run a bit quicker than 14.1s with the swap & the bolt-ons? I ran a 14.3 with just a intake...
Yea It could do better, I need better tires. and I was taking it a bit easy when I shift since I blew the j30a5 engine 3 weeks ago. I think it could do 14.0 or maybe 13.9. I am going back next Friday, two rsx-s's want to race me

·
Registered
843 Posts
What's the DA (density altitude) or relative horsepower percentage for the track?

What tires are you running? Was your previous 2.21 60ft on the same tires?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the DA (density altitude) or relative horsepower percentage for the track?

I don't know the DA but I had the stock 6sp wheels with factory Micheline tire size 225 50 17 when I did the 2.21.. now I have some Raptor tire 235 50 17 on tl-s wheels

·
Registered
843 Posts
Well, what's the name of the track and what were the weather conditions yesterday when you ran?

Air Temperature: degrees F
Ambient Barometric Pressure: inches hg
Ambient Relative Humidity: %
Physical Or Pressure Altitude: feet

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

the Temp was 53
here is the track info.
New England Dragway is sanctioned by the
National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)
Elevation :
90 feet above sea level
Track Surface - Concrete :
1320 feet
Total length (including shutdown area) :
4000 feet
Width of 1/4 mile :
60 feet
Width at shutdown :
60 feet
Timing system:
Fiber-optic Compulink StarTrak III

·
Registered
843 Posts
Next time you go to the track, you can record the weather conditions and input them here: Relative Horsepower Calculator. It will tell you what your relative hp is compared to SAE. Your 06 Accord was rated at 244 chp (SAE) stock and the J32A3 is rated at 258 chp (SAE).

You might get 13.9 with some better tires that lower that 60ft a bit.

Did you solve your CEL? I saw your post in another thread about it?

·
SFL AV6
1,024 Posts
Gotta give u props for getting back on ur feet after the dreaded 3rd to 2nd shift. Got a swap done n hitting the track back up again shortly after. Hope u get ur ecu running right, cel removed asap n continue progress.

Quick question tho...did the tq damper handle the launches well? Wheel hop/spin lmk, I'm curious

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Next time you go to the track, you can record the weather conditions and input them here: Relative Horsepower Calculator. It will tell you what your relative hp is compared to SAE. Your 06 Accord was rated at 244 chp (SAE) stock and the J32A3 is rated at 258 chp (SAE).

You might get 13.9 with some better tires that lower that 60ft a bit.

Did you solve your CEL? I saw your post in another thread about it?
No, I haven't find out the pin I have to relocate.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gotta give u props for getting back on ur feet after the dreaded 3rd to 2nd shift. Got a swap done n hitting the track back up again shortly after. Hope u get ur ecu running right, cel removed asap n continue progress.

Quick question tho...did the tq damper handle the launches well? Wheel hop/spin lmk, I'm curious
Thanks jiga. I am thinking of building the j30 during this coming winter.
The tq damper did help a lot cause I still had some wheel hop but not as bad. the tire if I didn't warm them up, I would not get traction al all untill third compare to the micheline I had before.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
thats movin nicely for just a j-pipe and catback, glad to see you are back up and running :up:. I would say you are probably around 245whp right now. But yea that engine should be gettin you alot faster times...I understand your cautiousness though i blew 3 engines goin from 3rd to 2nd :banghead:. To this day i still hold my breathe shifting from 3rd to 4th in a race.

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
I don't know why everybody is questioning his engine's power. His car is trapping 2 MPH faster than my 40k mile j30a4 6-6 JP/CBE/V2/URD pulley did, and 2-3 mph faster than his j30a5 did. Let's not forget the j30a5 was 244 hp SAE, making it only 14 BHP less than the j32a3. His times will get better with traction; I went to the track this spring with the same temps, hardly 50 degrees, and I had to ***** foot it out of the hole with a little less power than he's making with the J32. Trapping 100 mph is what guys like Sonnick hit with 250 whp Accords. Just because you had a freak launch and perfect 60 ft time doesn't mean his car is weaksauce, when it's out trapping yours by 3 mph :p

Also, my technique for speed shifting the 3-4 shift is to turn my hand the opposite way, and have the back of my hand facing the steering wheel, instead of the glovebox or on top of the shifter. This eliminates your natural tendency to move the shifter towards you when shifting back to 4th, as your arm is at an angle away from your body. I've been beating the piss out of many cars for a decade now, and I have yet to miss a shift without a mechanical issue (the slave cylinder failing on my old Accord, and leaving the pedal to the floor on upshifts sometimes, but that was a neutral misshift and doesn't hurt the engine as it just pegs the rev limiter).

·
newbies here!
455 Posts
it's also depend on the track , here in quebec Stock av6 run 97-98 mph stock, 99-100 with intake and J-pipe and i will tell you soon what it run with intake,j-pipe,3inch single exhaust with gutted interior !.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats movin nicely for just a j-pipe and catback, glad to see you are back up and running :up:. I would say you are probably around 245whp right now. But yea that engine should be gettin you alot faster times...I understand your cautiousness though i blew 3 engines goin from 3rd to 2nd :banghead:. To this day i still hold my breathe shifting from 3rd to 4th in a race.
Thanks Cuba, I think I'll do better here is a pic of my tires. I had to burn the sht out of them if no, I wouldn't be able to go full throttle on first and second gear.
What size tire are best for the track on 17x8 wheels?

1 - 20 of 168 Posts