Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if anyone has put a j35 swap in there accord without doing any tune and using stock ecu. If you have did you run across any problems? Does it run lean? I have an 06 odyssey motor I am going to be dropping in but I have been waiting for funds to buy hondata before doing this. Would it be safe to drop it in and drive it until then? The engines are almost identical. They use a lot of the same parts and even the same injectors. I do have an 07 TLS ecu that I could use instead of the stock ecu. Using this would it cause more problems without using Hondata? Just trying to get some input.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
u need hondata harness or repin the ecu and program it to your vin. or buy the aem harness and repin

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. I do know all of that. I just want to see if it will run fine without using hondata and which way would be the best way to run it. I dont plan on beating on it at all until I did get hondata. I just want the J35 swapped in it. If I have to wait I guess I have to wait. :(

u need hondata harness or repin the ecu and program it to your vin. or buy the aem harness and repin

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
U can run it with your tls ecu but u need the harness and someone to reprogram. I know the tls has 310cc injectors ( I have 3 in my hands) but not sure about the oddessye motor.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The J35 odyssey motor and the J30 accord motor use the same injectors. That is one reason I dont see why the accord ecu couldnt handle running it as long as it isnt under WOT.

Im just trying to see if anyone on here has a j35 swap in there car and if they are able to run it without a tune or any type of engine management.

U can run it with your tls ecu but u need the harness and someone to reprogram. I know the tls has 310cc injectors ( I have 3 in my hands) but not sure about the oddessye motor.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm sure it will be fine. I know a guy locally that runs his j36 with a stock j32 ecu. Also, there is a moderator over on acurazine that runs a j37 he built with the stock 3.2 ecu. No issues.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I have been putting off dropping it in. Mainly because me and the GF are looking for a house. My luck I would drop it in and the car wont run and we would find a house and I would have to tear the car apart so it could fit on a flat bed to be towed. LOL. Trust me thats how my luck rolls.

I'm sure it will be fine. I know a guy locally that runs his j36 with a stock j32 ecu. Also, there is a moderator over on acurazine that runs a j37 he built with the stock 3.2 ecu. No issues.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
^ what did you have to do in regards to trans, axles, etc. to get this to work ? New bellhousing for trans ?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Even the trans ? Are you Auto or 6MT ? Your saying nothing has to be done in regards to the Bellhousing of the trans ?

If so, that is Fu%king great !!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is what Paul told me. Told me direct bolt in. 06 & 07 odyssey and some year mdx engines. He said the mdx engines are better because of something to do with the crank. I hope he is right. Gonna suck is i pull the engine and the trans Durant bolt up.

I have a v6 6 speed sedan

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I'll be keeping an eye on your thread. If everything pans out (hope it does) I'll do this instead of a J32. GL, really hope it works

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
i thought that some of the plugs were in different places... guess that was on the ridgelines and TL-S (07-08)

Following this too. :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
07-08 correct. I had broken sensors and sine misc stuff from my v6 block that was junk that i already put on my odyssey block. I know the intake manifold itself was different but the runners and everything ate the same. I was told by Paul that everything bolts up so i didn't quarrying it. I could have compared everything when i still had my old block. Just Sold it on Friday.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If i post pictures of the block would anyone be able to tell by looking at it if the tranny will bolt up?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
hmm I wonder if the valve cover are magnesium also?

·
Registered
539 Posts
part numbers for the oil pan on the 06 accord and 06 odyssey are the same. that would lead me to believe that it should bolt right up. The two bolts that go through the bottom of the oil pan lead to coinciding bolt holes in the tranny. you should be good to go

1 - 20 of 213 Posts