Accord V6 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
You sure? I bet it is possible You got people out there with weeee little 4 cylinders that can produce a lot of hp. just have to know what your doing. He is also using nos. This car is sick man. I will see if I can get him to send me his dyno sheat.
I am very sure. No one said it can't be done. In order to make 1000hp in a J series, the block would completely need to be re-done to hold it. If going twin turbo, you will need two big ass turbos to get the volume you need otherwise you will just be restricting it to its limitations. Something equivalent of two GTX3576 at minimal with high enough compression to maximize it. There is no room for two big turbos in our engine bays due to the way our engine is sitting. It would make more sense to go with 1 big single twins scroll turbo, like a 4002R or bigger. Even with twin turbo and nitrous, he is lucky to see 600hp, because I know for damn sure his twin turbo isn't even a GTX3067s.

The 4 cylinders that are making 1000+ Are all running big turbos, high compression, and alcohol, or some form of nitro fuel.

I mean in all good theory you have to remember hes working on a j37 base. a j37 base starts at lets say 300, then lets say you add 200 300 hp going off of some safeish 10-12 boost. Then add in nitrous for another hundred fifty. going on optimistic side thats what around 750 safeish? if you bump it up higher and have some blockguards or sleeves to allow for even some 15 psi or up into 20 if he's really doing it well, he could be pushing on 1k.

remember if you have enough money to make a custom CF floor, and another 1000hp car, and a 3.7 liter 7500 rpm base, making another 1000hp car really isn't a problem. Also at that point you're pushing the same CI as smallblocks, but at twice the revs. at that point a single turbo really wouldn't be enough without an atrocious a/r.
This here is internet math and I'll explain why. Added things together doesn't mean you will make power. First off you need to pair the turbos efficiently with the displacement and compression ratio of the engine. The cylinder heads have their limitations on how much volume it can move, and the engine is what ends up putting power to the ground. If he ran a single twin scroll turbo, utilizing both cylinder heads to its maximum potential, and on the nitrous bottle, with the right fuel, and a lot of timing. Yes I can see 1000whp. I do not see it with twin turbos because the cylinder heads just don't move enough volume to efficiently spool two turbos the sizes capable of 1000hp.

Secondly, you will never see a J37 spin to 7500RPM making power all the way to the top. it just isn't going to happen. Comparing our engines to small blocks is comparing an apple to a banana. small blocks are much larger in displacement.

There is a lot more engineering involved to make power. If he ran a Single GTX4508R and the nitrous bottle I will believe he is in the 4 digits.

·
The Jester
1,352 Posts
Yeaah I wasn't going into specifics because I simply don't care to speculate how much a mystery man has done to his block. A man with 1000 hp supra knows his turbos, and his fuel. I don't. I'm just saying it's possible, which you're saying as well.

As far as space for two turbos, I could see it. With no battery and effectively no intake and maybe a half radiator or something there's enough room to put three batteries in there much less a well routed air system.

I would imagine having two turbos would allow for a tinier higher psi turbo to be used since the second one will make up the loss in cfm.

Higher budget and 1000 hp build m and he knows somebody that will sleeve. Cr could probably be used stock, or maybe new pistons. Rods ought to be fine.

Enough speculation though. Yes it's internet math but as is often said anything is possible with enough money. I mean for **** sake he has a 37 in an accord

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
I have seen the pictures. He relocated the battery to the trunk. There is one big turbo up front and he said there is a ton of room behind the engine by the firewall to put the other turbo.

His friends are all muscle car guys. If I wanted to find out if this story is true I could but I dont see the need to. He was telling me that his buddy has an early 80s monte carlo that they brought to a local import shop here to get dynoed. The car had too much HP and he said it ruined the shops dyno. He even called out the owner by name in his story. I know the owner of this shop too. This monte carlo supposedly has just under 3000 hp.

Yeaah I wasn't going into specifics because I simply don't care to speculate how much a mystery man has done to his block. A man with 1000 hp supra knows his turbos, and his fuel. I don't. I'm just saying it's possible, which you're saying as well.

As far as space for two turbos, I could see it. With no battery and effectively no intake and maybe a half radiator or something there's enough room to put three batteries in there much less a well routed air system.

I would imagine having two turbos would allow for a tinier higher psi turbo to be used since the second one will make up the loss in cfm.

Higher budget and 1000 hp build m and he knows somebody that will sleeve. Cr could probably be used stock, or maybe new pistons. Rods ought to be fine.

Enough speculation though. Yes it's internet math but as is often said anything is possible with enough money. I mean for **** sake he has a 37 in an accord

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
He also said he really wants to talk to Paul. He is interested in Pauls DTB and said he wants to pick his brain. So if anything Paul could find out exactly what he has done and see if he is actually telling the truth. Im just a car enthusiast basically. I dont know all this technical talk that these guys do. I could have even got the supra and the accord mixed up. Who knows. Too much car talk was going on. I do know that his accord looks pretty sick.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
I dont think he has much personal time. He works at o'reilly corporate. He told me last week he put in over 100 hours. He did however tell me he has a hard drive full of pictures of the work he did.

Tell him in order to talk to Paul he has to sign up on the forum and start a build thread first. :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
That is the guy. He has an insane setup. He has some super wide tires too. He isn't even tuned with Honda flashpro. He told me to get significant gains with our intake manifold would be to completely gut out the inside of it. Hever had his bead blasted.
He spends A LOT of money on his cars, the paint job he had on the Accord I saw was crazy. Late last summer he stopped down at my place to buy a car cover for storing over the winter. The interior is all beefed up with cross bars in case of a crash, practically gutted, with no seats besides the drivers, with a five point harness seat belt. He had two HUGE NOS bottles in the back that almost took up the entire trunk, because he doesn't want to run out if he goes on a trip! LOL

He wanted to buy my car for another project as a shell.

Does this mean I can confirm all his HP claims? Not even close. But, if he has gone to all the trouble of the work he has done, it would not surprise me that he's spent A LOT of money on the go fast part of the car. The one thing I remember is he said is NOTHING is stock.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
He told me that all the cv shafts out there he was snapping like nothing. So he bought some new ones and took them to a fabricater to make them more beefy. So that should say something too.

He spends A LOT of money on his cars, the paint job he had on the Accord I saw was crazy. Late last summer he stopped down at my place to buy a car cover for storing over the winter. The interior is all beefed up with cross bars in case of a crash, practically gutted, with no seats besides the drivers, with a five point harness seat belt. He had two HUGE NOS bottles in the back that almost took up the entire trunk, because he doesn't want to run out if he goes on a trip! LOL

He wanted to buy my car for another project as a shell.

Does this mean I can confirm all his HP claims? Not even close. But, if he has gone to all the trouble of the work he has done, it would not surprise me that he's spent A LOT of money on the go fast part of the car. The one thing I remember is he said is NOTHING is stock.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This guy sounds like he might be bsing.

Thinjim on Acurazine built a 2nd Gen cl into a drag only car and that thing made 1000 hp so it is possible. Thinjim had a thread and videos posted in 2g cl section. That engine was highly modified. Way more extreme than any other j series.

·
Registered
190 Posts
He told me that all the cv shafts out there he was snapping like nothing. So he bought some new ones and took them to a fabricater to make them more beefy. So that should say something too.
Guess I had a little Bill Clinton with my post using is is is is..... LOL

Anyway, yes, I do remember he told me that as well.

BTW, remember those wheels I bought off you last summer? The guy I took them to for balancing said two of them were not perfectly round anymore, but I never felt ANY vibration on the car with my winter tires, even at 80-85mph. They worked great and looked just fine after I blasted and repainted/seal coated them! Thanks again!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Sorry man. I dont remember you. I have had way too many cars that I parted out and sold parts/wheels on. Any way you can refresh my memory? What wheels were they?

Did you tell me you were a member on here?

Guess I had a little Bill Clinton with my post using is is is is..... LOL

Anyway, yes, I do remember he told me that as well.

BTW, remember those wheels I bought off you last summer? The guy I took them to for balancing said two of them were not perfectly round anymore, but I never felt ANY vibration on the car with my winter tires, even at 80-85mph. They worked great and looked just fine after I blasted and repainted/seal coated them! Thanks again!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sorry man. I dont remember you. I have had way too many cars that I parted out and sold parts/wheels on. Any way you can refresh my memory? What wheels were they?

Did you tell me you were a member on here?
It was probably about July or August last year. I had the Black 6-6 HFP Coupe. I'm pretty sure we talked about being members, you actually invited me via text to a meet about a month after, but I just don't have much time. The wheels you sold me had been painted black with what looked like a brush!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't have a hosting site, but a set of those hard to find twin 9 spoke Honda wheels. The ones on my car, and the set you sold me are the only ones I've ever seen. One tire had decent tread, two were still inflated, one tire was run flat through the cords. I ditched all the tires. The wheels were pretty rough, but cleaned up nicely! You let them go for $30 a piece.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
100 more miles to go before I can get a tune. Debating if I want to try a tune with the DTB manifold or not. The way things are going with it Im afraid I would be wasting money and time on a tune. I almost think it is not tuneable. It worries me that the map sensor is only on one throttle body so it can only regulate air going into that throttle body not both. I am also having these issues.

surging/bucking in every gear at low rpms (makes it almost impossible driving in 1st gear because it bucks so bad.)
bouncing idle 1-2k when coasting about 10 mph
rpms raise slowly when coasting up to 10 mph
rev hang.

Wondering if anyone else out there has a DTB manifold and these issues went away after a tune. I know accord325 had his go away. He even tried helping me with some maps but nothing worked. Hoping other people can chime in and give me some input.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yeah man, I threw the book at it. Something should have changed. I would say the slave TB plate isn't closing fully or is getting caught up, or you have an intake leak somewhere. I would copper spray all your gaskets.

181 - 200 of 213 Posts