Accord V6 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
The Jester
1,352 Posts
Accord hybrid mirrors. I think cause you have a coupe you would have to use tsx mirrors??? I don't remember since it's been so long since I did it.
What year hybrid? Definitely interested in that.

Also damn well I can't imagine how that thing had rev hang issues...:bawling:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
I talked to a local guy here that has an 07 coupe with a j37 in it. He also twin turboed the thing with NOS. Said he is pushing 1000hp. The thing looks crazy. He said he went with a super charger at first and hated it. Then single turbo and it wasnt enough for him. I seen pictures of it. I dont think this car has one piece on it that is stock. He even did a custom carbon fiber floor. This guy also has a 97 Supra pushing 1000hp. Too much money I guess.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do they call him "Hype"? I talked to an ex military guy who was running a 200 shot of nitrous last summer. I think he was working on it at that time, because the setup he had wasn't enough. He drives around town with SLICKS on it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
That is the guy. He has an insane setup. He has some super wide tires too. He isn't even tuned with Honda flashpro. He told me to get significant gains with our intake manifold would be to completely gut out the inside of it. Hever had his bead blasted.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
I emailed him the link. Not sure if he will join or not. He said he is pretty much a loaner and doesnt really trust a lot of people. He told me he took out his Supra one day to a car show and had a lot of people trying to follow him home. He hasnt pulled it out since.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I tried looking this up and couldnt confirm it but he was Telling me that Honda for the 2016 Accord will have a model that has over 400 hp stock. I guess you had to pre order it in october. He said he has one on order. That I have to see.

·
The Jester
1,352 Posts
That is the guy. He has an insane setup. He has some super wide tires too. He isn't even tuned with Honda flashpro. He told me to get significant gains with our intake manifold would be to completely gut out the inside of it. Hever had his bead blasted.
How do you mean gutted? The 3.7 is pretty empty on the inside.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
so something like this

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
I believe you are correct. I have not seen pictures. I will see if I can get him to send me some of exactly what he did.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
I talked to a local guy here that has an 07 coupe with a j37 in it. He also twin turboed the thing with NOS. Said he is pushing 1000hp. The thing looks crazy. He said he went with a super charger at first and hated it. Then single turbo and it wasnt enough for him. I seen pictures of it. I dont think this car has one piece on it that is stock. He even did a custom carbon fiber floor. This guy also has a 97 Supra pushing 1000hp. Too much money I guess.

I'm calling bull ****. A twin turbo setup J series will not make more power than a single turbo setup. and 1000whp J series, I call bull **** there too. :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
You sure? I bet it is possible You got people out there with weeee little 4 cylinders that can produce a lot of hp. just have to know what your doing. He is also using nos. This car is sick man. I will see if I can get him to send me his dyno sheat.

I'm calling bull ****. A twin turbo setup J series will not make more power than a single turbo setup. and 1000whp J series, I call bull **** there too. :)

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
Kinda need to see it to believe it. Looking at the twin turbo in the fs it only made 351whp/350wtq.

·
The Jester
1,352 Posts
I mean in all good theory you have to remember hes working on a j37 base. a j37 base starts at lets say 300, then lets say you add 200 300 hp going off of some safeish 10-12 boost. Then add in nitrous for another hundred fifty. going on optimistic side thats what around 750 safeish? if you bump it up higher and have some blockguards or sleeves to allow for even some 15 psi or up into 20 if he's really doing it well, he could be pushing on 1k.

remember if you have enough money to make a custom CF floor, and another 1000hp car, and a 3.7 liter 7500 rpm base, making another 1000hp car really isn't a problem. Also at that point you're pushing the same CI as smallblocks, but at twice the revs. at that point a single turbo really wouldn't be enough without an atrocious a/r.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
1000Hp on a J37 is quite a feat. The stock internals and sleeves could not take it, not even close. The sleeves being thin silicone/aluminum could not hold the pressures. J37 stock pistons are probably the weakest piston and the stock rods, no chance. The J37 is a great NA engine, but without complete re-work 500hp is tough to swallow let alone 1000.

161 - 180 of 213 Posts