Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, would it be better to buy a j35a8 and swap it in a 06 accord coupe or would it be better to just install the j35 head since doesnt all the j series run on the same block ?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
transmission won't bolt up. Unless your getting one also. Also the wiring doesn't match up. You need to repin everything

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
go with a j32a3 from an TL and getting match ECU

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
If you are currently manual, you can buy the j35a8 long block, and buy a 07 Acura TL S clutch case housing and swap your tranny with it. should bolt right on.

Yes it's better to go with a j35a8. Way more power, way more torque than what a 3.2 can offer. Trust me.

Your transmission will bolt right on after you take off your clutch case housing, and install the TL-S one.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
If you are currently manual, you can buy the j35a8 long block, and buy a 07 Acura TL S clutch case housing and swap your tranny with it. should bolt right on.
werd man its amazing such a simple comment could help me learn something new wow i dint even think of that Thanks man! Seriously though :up:, I am not thinkin of swapping the motor anytime soon but thts good to know.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
werd man its amazing such a simple comment could help me learn something new wow i dint even think of that Thanks man! Seriously though :up:, I am not thinkin of swapping the motor anytime soon but thts good to know.
You're welcome bro. The things you figure out when you get alot of these jobs. J series all day long! :p

·
Registered
160 Posts
I meet a guy a meet that swapped a j35 from a 03 pilot and used an o07 six speed tranny. Into a hatch. I even checked the numbers and it was legit.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

Yes it's better to go with a j35a8. Way more power, way more torque than what a 3.2 can offer. Trust me.

Your transmission will bolt right on after you take off your clutch case housing, and install the TL-S one.
Is it bad that I've been thinking about this again. Just don't like wiring. ..

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
j35a8 and accord trans with swapped clutch case housing... only thing is still no lsd. :-(

Would we be able to get away with using a Accord or 04 TL ecu with an Accord harness with some small wiring? And use Ethans board to fuel correction?

Reactions: gflip456

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
So if this is the 'case' (no pun intended), that would essentially mean that all J series 6spd transmissions are identical internally, right? If so, that would confirm the 8G 6spd Final Drive could fit in our trans. :D :D :D :D

Reactions: Atlas.46

·
Sleeper
2,101 Posts
So if this is the 'case' (no pun intended), that would essentially mean that all J series 6spd transmissions are identical internally, right? If so, that would confirm the 8G 6spd Final Drive could fit in our trans. :D :D :D :D
3.55 right? That along with smaller tires could maybe get 3.73?? :D

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
^ sounds like a plan. Especially since the car is capped at 130 anyways.

Reactions: NvrDwn and Atlas.46

·
Sleeper
2,101 Posts
^ sounds like a plan. Especially since the car is capped at 130 anyways.
Exactly. Hwy mpg would go down but city would be better. 0-60 would be slower because of a shift before 60 but we would still be in 4th at the end of the 1/4

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
0-60 may be slightly slower, but the 1/4 mile ET/trap would surely be better. Probably wouldn't be cheap though, that's the only disadvantage.

OP: The J35a8 swap is much more involved and much more costly than the J32a3 block swap. The J30 heads will fit on the J32a3 block just fine. You would probably have another 10-15hp/ft-lbs throughout the powerband.

·
Sleeper
2,101 Posts
0-60 may be slightly slower, but the 1/4 mile ET/trap would surely be better. Probably wouldn't be cheap though, that's the only disadvantage.

OP: The J35a8 swap is much more involved and much more costly than the J32a3 block swap. The J30 heads will fit on the J32a3 block just fine. You would probably have another 10-15hp/ft-lbs throughout the powerband.
Easily. Your dynoing 270 right? I Love Cars dynoed 290 if I remember right? And that is before he puts on my 4" cai, I hope he gets to 300whp :up:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts