Accord V6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
So if this is the 'case' (no pun intended), that would essentially mean that all J series 6spd transmissions are identical internally, right? If so, that would confirm the 8G 6spd Final Drive could fit in our trans. :D :D :D :D
So TL lsd trans with 8th gen final drive! !!

Reactions: Sonnick

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
^ J32/33 ftw.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Now I'm wondering if the final drive will bolt to the diff. ..

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
sayin' doe. I am very seriously considering just biting the bullet on a J32 and doing a mild stroker build, maybe just a basic J35 setup.

·
Sleeper
2,101 Posts
sayin' doe. I am very seriously considering just biting the bullet on a J32 and doing a mild stroker build, maybe just a basic J35 setup.
Do it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been going back ond forth about what to do under the hood. A part of me wants to keep it N/A (dont want to deal with turbo lag) but its expensive too. And doing an engine swap could be almost as expensive or more as going higher compression and all that good stuff. Any thoughts? Plus I ran accross this on a honda tuning website "For instance, the J32 is a bored-out J30. The J35 is the same bore as the J32, but with more stroke. To get 260hp from the J32 Type S engine, Honda employed higher compression pistons, bigger cams, better heads, and a larger intake manifold. The J35 has all of that with the exception of the cams and pistons. We've already seen a J35 with all Type S internals doing just under 300whp with a factory ECU." I know Im a noob but is this just the 07 TL-S engine? Or some modified J series mixed bag engine?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
^ If you're talking about the Honda Tuning mag article of the J swaps, they are not talking about the J35a8 (Type S motor). That's a great motor though with lots of torque. Stock Type S 6MTs dyno around 245whp/230wtq if I remember correctly. It's easily a 10-12% increase in hp/tq across the powerband over the J30.

Reactions: FoXD!e

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Just some 3.5 crank and rods with the stock TL pistons

·
:// 05 AV6 6MT
286 Posts
Wouldnt it be possible to build a J32 frankenstein motor? J32 with J35 heads and internals? Crankshaft, rods, pistons etc? I rather have everything bolt up than to mess with wiring/cel issues.

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
yo.....

yes...

the j36 is a j32a3 with a different crank and pistons...

port the cylinder heads as well...

my opinion is get the j35a8 and the clutch case housing...

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
J36
J30A4 heads, ported
07 TL-S cams
ported intake runners and intake
J32A3 block
J37 forged crank
J37 forged rods
05 RL pistons and rings
J37 OE bearings
J32A3 gaskets
KMS Titanium Valve Spring Retainers
KMS Race Springs

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow....thats quite an engine. What kind of number does it make in that spec? Also does anyone know how the bisimoto cams compare to the tl-s cams? If the difference seem worth it i may just get the bisimoto ones.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
TL computer... the one that matches your year. Also got to get your key and ecu synced

·
Registered
611 Posts
So with the Hondata developments, would this work with the newer ecu? I would think if the J30A4 can the J32A3 block can...but I have no clue.

Could you combine this with the J37A4 rocker swap idea Sonnick and Cubanob came up with?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts