Accord V6 Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi :)

I think you are the right peoples to answer my questions about crankshaft swap in my J30A5.

I am in québec,canada (usually speak french :banghead:)

The think that I want to know is does the J35A5 pistons/rods or J37A1 pistons/rods, are a direct fit swap in my J30A5 ?? or does it require machine work ??

Do you think a J34 should be reliable as a daily drive car with the FRM sleeve oversize to 86.5mm ??

Last question. Is the OEM ecu can manage a J33/J34 safely ??

thank you a lot ;)

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
Response is in RED...

Hi :)

I think you are the right peoples to answer my questions about crankshaft swap in my J30A5.

I am in québec,canada (usually speak french :banghead:)

The think that I want to know is does the J35A5 pistons/rods or J37A1 pistons/rods, are a direct fit swap in my J30A5 ?? or does it require machine work ??
NO they are not a direct fit into j30a5 they fit direct into j32a3.
Do you think a J34 should be reliable as a daily drive car with the FRM sleeve oversize to 86.5mm ??
there is no j34 only j33,j35,j36
Last question. Is the OEM ecu can manage a J33/J34 safely ??
a j32a3 ecu can manage a j32 and a j33;a j35 or j36 needs AEM FIC or j35a8 ecu...
thank you a lot ;)

·
got LSD J36TT??
1,369 Posts
Wow....thats quite an engine. What kind of number does it make in that spec? Also does anyone know how the bisimoto cams compare to the tl-s cams? If the difference seem worth it i may just get the bisimoto ones.
Hey man a fine tuned j36 stroker motor could possibly make 345 whp, 350lbs torque. My friend has a j36 stroker motor with those same internals and changed up Compression is supposedly making 345whp,350lbs on a mustang dyno tuned with AEM EMS. He is record holder for fastest all motor jseries at least that is what he claims...

·
Sleeper
2,101 Posts
Hey man a properly fine tuned j36 stroker motor can make 345 whp, 350lbs torque. My friend has a j36 stroker motor with those same internals and bumped up Compression is making 345whp,350lbs on a mustang dyno tuned with AEM EMS. He is record holder for fastest all motor jseries at least that is what he claims...
If you can get the dyno graph, slips, and a speedo vid that'd be friggin awesome.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
@ tenzingsherpa

Show me the TWIN TURBO!!!

Please :)

·
got LSD J36TT??
1,369 Posts
If you can get the dyno graph, slips, and a speedo vid that'd be friggin awesome.
unfortunately he supposedly works at a shop that is very secretive about thier tuning methods and stuff. If you ask me I think his numbers are inflated, because he keeps on contradicting himself when i send him messages to ask him about his build. He says he is making 340whp with compression of 9.5:1 compression ratio and somehow reduced j35a4 pistons down to 9.5:1compression from 10.5. Im running 11:1 with same internal however i am not running a standalone and have a street tune. I don't know what to think about his build but he is famous on the web --> Honda Fanboys Call The Cops On Street Racing Forum Member
and now he is selling his whip --> FS: J36 Swapped Coupe - Page 5 - 6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums

Update: Now he is saying that he was running 300whp on mustang dyno and not 345whp on mustang dyno. 50 whp is a huge difference. 300whp sound more reasonable but he is just shady. I mean i have been researching this guy for hours and could not find dyno on the internet with the whp he is claiming.

·
got LSD J36TT??
1,369 Posts
Sry for rant OP you can have your thread back. On a serious note 300whp is perfectly reasonable on a j36 stroker. Look on acurazine who with new hondata reflash with full bolt-on 3.5 tl-s are running 305-310 whp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are currently manual, you can buy the j35a8 long block, and buy a 07 Acura TL S clutch case housing and swap your tranny with it. should bolt right on.

Yes it's better to go with a j35a8. Way more power, way more torque than what a 3.2 can offer. Trust me.

Your transmission will bolt right on after you take off your clutch case housing, and install the TL-S one.
Hey nighthawk i have alot of questions about this build ive been reading your threads and your car is inspiring. Im trying to get my post count up to send you a msg lol but i can be reached at 626-230-5229 or [email protected] com look forward to hearing from you your input will be appreciated greatly

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
you can acheive what ever numbers you want on a mustang dyno by just inputting w.e. weight of the car...

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
you can acheive what ever numbers you want on a mustang dyno by just inputting w.e. weight of the car...
Wait what? I hate people that manipulate dyno numbers to make customers happy. Or make there tuning ability look better than what it actually is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are currently manual, you can buy the j35a8 long block, and buy a 07 Acura TL S clutch case housing and swap your tranny with it. should bolt right on.

Yes it's better to go with a j35a8. Way more power, way more torque than what a 3.2 can offer. Trust me.

Your transmission will bolt right on after you take off your clutch case housing, and install the TL-S one.
Will the j35a8 tranny itself work or will I have to use the 7th gen tranny with the tl-s housing

41 - 52 of 52 Posts