Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm hyped up reading alot about how the heads will give a good bump in performance. But I have seen two discussion about them only fitting to j30a4/5 is this true ?? If there the same block why won't it work some one please tell me I want to do this so bad.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,805 Posts
Has anyone verified the oil and water jackets on the J37A2/A4 heads will line up with the oil and water passages on the J30A1 block??

I lean heavily towards NO. If so, those will need to be "changed" to match up to the block.

Also, has anyone figured out if the ECU for the J37A2/A4 will even work for the J30A1??
...because the J30A1 ECU most likely won't work for those heads (specifically the exhaust V-Tec)

Lastly, if valve clearance is in fact an issue, and you need to swap pistons...then it becomes too much work for a little return. Just swap in or build a J35A3/A4, do some porting and polishing on the top end, add a 80mm throttle body and you are done: yield is about 330 crank HP with a piggyback unit. Add an aftermarket cam and a standalone, you can get close to 400 crank HP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts