Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2006 Model US market accords have the cutouts in the front bumper. In comparing them on the internet it appears like the JDM Fog lights might just work with the shape and positioning.

Anyone have any first hand knowledge or opinions on whether it would work???? And if it would work anyone know where to get some JDM Foglights????

Here are some pics.......

USA

JDM

·
Registered
468 Posts
I wish I can put some Fog lights on my car. (Like how it is on the picture...Black Accord).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
joedanger11 said:
i recall someone saying that they dont fit.. and also that if you'd want it...it'd be like $400 or so.

Yes i heard that before to but if you look close it appears as if its the same cutout, just moved to the side a bit more.

Guess someone who has a asian accord would have to measure the opening to compare to ours.

The price dont bother me, I really want that look. The fogs they sell us are pathetic and ugly leftover looking garbage.

·
Super Villain
1,284 Posts
*cough* I already took measurements and they don't fit. Unless someone with an 06 would like to donate their car for me to try to make it fit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
7thGenVillain said:
*cough* I already took measurements and they don't fit. Unless someone with an 06 would like to donate their car for me to try to make it fit.

My car is all yours!!!!!! Thats how bad i want this done.........What was honda thinking when they didnt use the JDM bumper with those fogs here.

Guess the only other thing might be to buy the bumper and grill and the fogs off a thailand or malaysian honda dealer. The hood and fenders should work. Not sure on all the under supports and brackets though.

The inspire bumper from what I see also needs a new hood and other parts.

Anyone do the homework on if the bumper, grill from a malaysian or thailand, australian accord work on a USDM???????

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
joedanger11 said:
bumper grille and fogs from thailand or malaysia will work. Villian has them

Excellent, any idea where I could purchase them from or how much they are?????

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
joedanger11 said:
i'm thinking around a grand for unpainted bumper, grille, and fogs shipped.
I found this thread from villain stating it was 1G for the setup. In this same thread he stated the inspire fog lights are a little bigger than the cutouts in the 2006 sedan front bumper.

Any idea how much bigger??? Would a person be able to cut it out a little to make it fit or is it bigger in length and shorter in width etc......

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63443&page=3&pp=30

·
Super Villain
1,284 Posts
Well, the Inspire fogs are a little big bigger width wise. I drove by the dealers today and happen to walk across the 06 sedan. I reached my arm through the lower grill to the cutouts. It so happens that the bracket to hold fogs are not the same as mines? That was from a feeling point and not visual now. I could be wrong. I need someone with an 06 to step up so I can try to install this properly. Since, I'm only going from visual and measurements. I need someone with an 06 sedan to let me use it for a guinea pig for this install. Anyone in Colorado, please step up. I'm tired of going by the dealerships knowing they won't let me mess with it without getting in trouble of them trying to fine me for vandalism.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you can get me the fogs I will buy them and check the install.

If they dont work on my 06 sedan bumper Ill keep them and you, can hook me up with where to buy the front bumper and grill from the asian accords for my sedan. How would that work????

What price we talking for the fogs, asian bumper, and grill.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
ephyouckay said:
that looks sickkk minus the hood...
I don't care for the louvered fenders myself. And the drop in the rear is, imo, excessive. But to each their own.......

·
Registered
60 Posts
So has anyone made any final determination on this issue? 7thgenvillian, are your measurements being taken on the very deepest part of the opening? The reason I ask is that the opening seems to get more narrow further back so it may be possible these would fit if they protruded a bit rather than being set back in the bumper. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
joedanger11 said:
so the 06s dont have OEM fogs or something?
The 06-07 Accord's do have dealer installed fogs but they are small circle fog lamps that look out of place.

·
Registered
239 Posts
stock fogs aren't THAT bad, but i do wish i had those inspire fogs though. i've pretty much grown on the fogs but they'd look 10x better on a black car since the housing is black too.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts