Accord V6 Forum banner

JDM Inspire headlight reflector=USDM headlight reflector??

3K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  tml 
#1 ·
Come across a deal for a Inspire headlight is asia, do they have the same reflector as USDM?? Reason I ask? I am going to get HID a fellow V6Per :) and want the reflector deisgn to match for HID. :eek:
Note: Inspire comes with HID in Japan. :eek:

#2 ·
I don't think they are the same since Japan is RHD right? You should be able to modify it easily, send sick6-speed a PM he's imported them and made modifications to them so he should be able to tell you about the work involved.

Did you get a good price on them? :)

#4 ·
no.. Inspire headlight is not the same as USDM headlight.. inspire headlight is designed for HID usage.. but not as projector, rather as reflector..

search and u will find many threads discussing this.. and one member had posted pix as well..

#5 · (Edited)
yes all new inspire in japan are using HID reflector.

however, in other cities in asia, like hongkong and taiwan, the 7gen accord 4 banger use USDM style halogen reflector. only V6 model have HID reflector like JDM's inspire, and they also have blink side mirror. ;)

i went back to hk this summer and i noticed their OEM bodykit is different than ours. their OEM bodykit is similator to this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=2485084831&rd=1

i didn't see any V6's in hk :( i don't know the reason but i guess the price of v6 accord is too high. seriously you can buy a 320i with the same price

#15 · (Edited)
vnguy: if u wanna clear out ur headlights its not that hard...mine are blackhoused and i have HID's it took me i think a total of 5 hours 4 everything...but then again in houston its ****in 100 degrees so i took alot of brakes and smokes

search the forums and u will find more information on how to clear/ smoke headlights and diy red taillights

#16 ·
damn I really don't want to crack open my headlight, I heard that no matter what the seal will just leak sooner or later. Plus i'm kinda scared to convert my d2r HID bulb to fit 9006. So an inspire headlight would do both for me cleared and plug and play socket for my HID and plus it's JDM.

Can you get me the part number to a HID ready Inspire headlight please?

#19 ·
Hello again everybody. The inspire headlight is easy to adjust to get them alighned perfectly. I remember when I put mine in the first night. They were preety much perfectly alighned already. I drove with them not adjusted for about a month. I never got high beamed or complained to for the lights. And just so everbody knows the japanese car and our car are still going straight. They only needed to be adjusted a little bit. Anyways good luck buddy you are going to need it. PM me if you need any help!!!! :v6pyea:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.