Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I just ordered the JL Cleansweep 441dsp.

I am a bit confused for hooking it up, the main part I am confused about is connecting the 4 speakers outputs from the Cleansweep to the OEM Headunit. How exactly do I go about doing this? Do I need to tap into the OEM Harness? Do I just put the Honda aftermarket harness onto the stock harness and connect my wires like that, but then the stock harness would be disconnected from the STOCK HU :confused: , I am totaly confused on this part?

I am referring to page 7 the left hand side of this link
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/11196.pdf

I know a few people on this forum have the CS installed and I need their help.

Basically, how do I connect the Cleansweep to my Stock HU

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't have the cleansweep, but I have the VHub Pro which required similar connections.

What I actually did was make a custom harness, so that I didn't have to cut and splice the stock connections. You keep the harness plugged in, you just cut the wires on the harness and the end that's coming from the radio, you connect to the input of the CleanSweep.

For my custom harness, I used a reverse wiring harness, and a normal one. But I did have to modify the connectors because Navi models use all 20 pins.

oh, and standard disclaimer applies. you take full responsibility..

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alpha said:
I don't have the cleansweep, but I have the VHub Pro which required similar connections.

What I actually did was make a custom harness, so that I didn't have to cut and splice the stock connections. You keep the harness plugged in, you just cut the wires on the harness and the end that's coming from the radio, you connect to the input of the CleanSweep.

For my custom harness, I used a reverse wiring harness, and a normal one. But I did have to modify the connectors because Navi models use all 20 pins.

oh, and standard disclaimer applies. you take full responsibility..

I am still totally confused? you say I dont have to cut the harness but then you said to cut the wires on the harness, I am sorry if I am missing something.

ah I need flytec in here!

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, I asked a couple of guys and now I have an understanding on how to do it, basically I have to tap into the wires, but I will do it along the line so that it will not be as hard.

but my main concern is how will i connect my rca's, if the front/rear on the cleansweep go to the front rear on the 300/4, whats goes to the 500/1 for the subs?>

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
NexsoN said:
I am still totally confused? you say I dont have to cut the harness but then you said to cut the wires on the harness, I am sorry if I am missing something.

sorry dude, but i had a professional install my cleansweep because i didn't want to mess up my system. i can ask the installer on friday and find out how he did it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
NexsoN said:

sorry about being so confusing. i meant that you don't have to cut the stock wiring harness, but the custom one you make. it's basically making your own y-adapter.

·
Your V6P Snake Champion
1,301 Posts
so you finally decided to get one? Very nice, if it makes a big difference in sq then that might be the next project we do for my car when i come down in July/Aug

1 - 14 of 14 Posts