Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks...I got the CleanSweep installed in my car on Friday and I must say that it does clean up the signal a whole bunch. My system already sounded pretty good so I was really curious how the CS was going to improve it. One thing I notice is that the highs sound a lot cleaner and my 10" sub sounds cleaner too. I also did a lot of fine tuning to get it to sound to my taste. The settings that I have now are: Bass +1 - Treb +3 - Fader R+3 - Bal 0 - Volume 15. I have MBQuartz all around, Alpine amps and a 10w6v2 JLAudio sub in a custom box. I'm happy! Woohoo!!! :D

CleanSweep:

Volume control:

JLAudio 10w6v2 in custom box:

Alpine amps:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Very Cleam

I knew this thread was about JL audio Clean sweep, but that custom sub box and your setup is the real clean sweep. How much did the Clean sweep run you, and do you think it is worth its price?

·
Registered
463 Posts
that's a nice setup flyvtec...good stuff...yo where did u get the trunk plastic tray? i hate vacuuming my trunk everytime i clean my car cuz everything gets caught in it...

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
forget the cleansweep... how much did that custom box run you? its fiberglass right? where'd u get it done?

i think i might just consider putting subs into my trunk now... :D

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
hobbes235 said:
that's a nice setup flyvtec...good stuff...yo where did u get the trunk plastic tray? i hate vacuuming my trunk everytime i clean my car cuz everything gets caught in it...
you can buy that tray from honda or handaaccesaries.com

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
Man you always have the cleanest mods. I like every mod that you have done. Got any pics of the car with the s2k retro?

·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the props fellaz! :D I got the custom fiberglass/wood box made at Progressive Mobile Electronics in San Diego. The custom box and install set me back about $400 so it wasn't cheap! But I'm super happy with how they were able to put it in that location because it made my trunk useful again! Just this morning I went on a bike ride and was able to throw my bike in the trunk without any problems! Man, that was totally cool. The guy at Progressive did a great job so I didn't mind giving him my money. His name is Kaz if you guys are interested in getting a custom box made. This was also the place where I got my vinyl tint on the rear window done. Professional people but expensive.

As far as the trunk tray...it came with the car because the dealer threw in a bunch of stuff when I bought my car. You can get them at Honda dealerships or at http://www.handa-accessories.com/index.html as xjDMb16a mentioned above.

Hongda...thanks man. Larry ran into a little glitch with one of my retro headlights so he had to redo one of the headlights. I should have them installed sometime next week once he ships them to me. I can't wait too. He does good work.

The CleanSweep set me back $370 plus $75 for install. Is it worth it? HELL YA! I think it's worth it because my interior looks totally stock and that's what I wanted. Plus the signal is definitely cleaner and I can hear everything now because it's fully utilizing the capabilities of my MBQuarts. I sat in my car for about an hour after my bike ride and cranked up my stereo listening to my CD's. That was heaven! I give the CS :up: :up: !!! I'm glad I waited for this to come out because I was thinking about putting a Kenwood deck in the storage bin. But now I don't have to do that! :D

If you want to read up on the CS click on the link and download their pdf files:

http://www.jlaudio.com/press/CleanSweep05.html

Keep on rollin y'all! ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
which type of MBQuartz, and Alpine amps do you got? how much did those set you back? and i assume you used the stock HU?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Where'd you get the install done for $75 btw?

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
hammer03 said:
why 2 volume controls? is it a gain controller? or a bass controller? just wondering. very nice install though man. i like it!
i read somewhere that the volume control of the CS is the main volume.

·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The CS Master Volume Knob controls the system volume and allows you to switch between OEM inputs and the AUX input by pushing in on the knob. If no AUX source is connected, the knob will mute/unmute the system when pressed. Pretty cool stuff.

You can use the OEM HU volume control instead of the CS Master Volume but it's better to use the CS volume knob because it helps equalize the frequency response better. The OEM volume control tends to boost bass and treble at lower volume settings and often cut bass at higher volume. My OEM HU volume is now set at 10 and I use the CS volume knob to adjust my listening level. You can adjust the OEM HU vol level to suit your taste.

As for my MBQuartz...I have PCE216 6.5 in the front and DKC169 6x9 in the rears. The speakers are hooked up to the Alpine MRVF340 amp. My JLAudio 10w6v2 sub is hooked up to the Alpine MRDM300 amp. The speakers/amps/sub emptied my pockets to the tune of $2500 including tax/install. I like clean/tight bass so I went with the sealed sub box instead of ported. All hooked up to the OEM HU and CleanSweep! :D

Raddy21...Progressive Mobile Electronics in San Diego (619) 295-8565 www.progressivemobile.com charged me $75 for the CS install.

Thanks for the positive comments. I appreciate it. :D

L8.

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
fader +R3? damn.. can you still hear front speakers well when you have your windows down?
well you have MBQuartz.. I have experience with them so I know those are plenty loud..
but still. just curious.

Anyway, AWESOME setup man. looks clean as hell. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts