Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first retro, and it was quite a challenge. These are the maxima projectors that Spyder had and let me just say that they are huge. I had to make a custom shroud/ bezel out of fiberglass to cover them because pvc and other shrouds like the mercedes ones I bought werent going to cut it. Anyways, I'm really pleased with the outcome, I know they arent as good as rich's work but since this was my first time and only cost me $30 worth of materials to do it, they are good enough for me. I'll have some night shots of the cutoff when I get my car back from the shop.

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
looks good :up2:

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
i think those are the valeo projectors. they are infamous for their colorful over the top flares.

welcome to the club. ;)

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
dude you beat me :smack:

looks awesome...i saw these in person...very nicely put together! joedanger11 and i decided that we're gonna finish our retros over spring break.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hhmmm they are real similar to e55, but Nissan really doesnt come out and say what make they are. I'm pretty sure they are in the same classification as e55's. Spyder could probably explain more than I could.

·
Registered
198 Posts
sl33pyriceboi said:
are e55 projectors brighter than e46?

rank these for me someon: e55, e46, tsx, tl-bi xenon, valeo
you missed out the S2K, A6 and RX330

btw, nice retrofit!!!! good job!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
the maxima projector is supposed to be a modified e55 bixenon projector. They modified the cutoff line and that is what differs. The cutoff on these things is crazy I had them in my accord for a while until I got into an accident.

I got some pics that I took of the cutoff in my friends garage.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts