Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So maybe everyone else already knows this, but I never really thought of it before. I replaced my stock wheels with RonJon Inspyre's, and the holes for the lug nuts are too small for my factory lug wrench to fit. I had my wheels installed by a body shop when they were fixing a bunch of other stuff, so this past weekend was the first time I ever had to try to remove them. I'm just glad that I figured it out at home, instead of on the side of the freeway.

So if you're like me and never thought about this, wouldn't be a bad idea to check it, in case you get a flat.

Oh, and mods, I wasn't sure if this should be in suspension or general, so feel free to move it if you want.

·
Registered
370 Posts
DangerMouse said:
So maybe everyone else already knows this, but I never really thought of it before. I replaced my stock wheels with RonJon Inspyre's, and the holes for the lug nuts are too small for my factory lug wrench to fit. I had my wheels installed by a body shop when they were fixing a bunch of other stuff, so this past weekend was the first time I ever had to try to remove them. I'm just glad that I figured it out at home, instead of on the side of the freeway.

So if you're like me and never thought about this, wouldn't be a bad idea to check it, in case you get a flat.

Oh, and mods, I wasn't sure if this should be in suspension or general, so feel free to move it if you want.
Mine just came with a lug key for the aftermarket wheels, which fits perfectly in the end of the tire wrench...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
236 Posts
At least you could use your stock lug nuts. The Sparco NT-R's I bought had holes too small for the stock lug nuts. :( That was ok though as I got some lightweight slim ones in black that look better with my wheels..... and of course everyone knows that the lighweight lug nuts are good for like 10-20 HP :p

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMAO. Well I did have to get the smaller lightweight wheel locks, so for one out of five that should be worth 2-4 HP right?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Scott Si said:
At least you could use your stock lug nuts. The Sparco NT-R's I bought had holes too small for the stock lug nuts. :( That was ok though as I got some lightweight slim ones in black that look better with my wheels..... and of course everyone knows that the lighweight lug nuts are good for like 10-20 HP :p

Are you sure the Sparco had holes for ball seat type lug nuts? RonJon wheels are made to use the ball seat stock lug nuts. Most aftermarket rims use conical seat lug nuts. Using the wrong type will result in improper fitment and could damage your wheel or the lugs.

>> good
) > bad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts