Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it can be done. I finally was able to get everything crammed in there, lots of finishing work to do, including paint, and wiring the stock On/Off button for the screen, but here you go, now drool :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
noslow100 said:
Excellent work. You may have a future in manufacturing these for the crazies on this forum. :bowdown: :clap:

thanks, but no mass production on any scale....just for me

·
Registered
222 Posts
What size screen? Height, Width and Diagonal measurements please.

Oh, and how are you going to control your HVAC unit? Are you replacing the stock HU in the cubby area?

·
Alan N
446 Posts
that has to be the nicest and most stock looking install, it looks more oem than oem does very nice can't wait to see it all up and running good luck and excellent work

·
Registered
245 Posts
Damn, cant even image how much work that took. Looks factory, looks good.

·
Registered
394 Posts
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Very Impressive! Now get it wired and make us drool even more! lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
more pics :D

difference between EX left and LX right Climate Control circuit boards.....yet, they do the same thing :confused:

some background on the project...........

* this started out as a crackhead idea the day my car got delievered to me.
* I really didn't think this would work....I mean I knew I could 'force' it to work, but not this 'easy'
* I am getting the vents above the OEM HU scanned to get a paint code so that I can paint it to match (cool huh?)
* I found primer (which I am looking for the old can) that matches the OEM texture (although the BS rattle can paint job I did for effect covers it up...time to sand again)
* uh, the OEM HU in my car is still there...I bought a cheap 'dim' HU off of eBay to do this project...starting with an LX (thinking it would work) then realizing it ws different, had to find a EX, since the bezel from an EX will not accomidate and LX climate control circuit board (see pic above)
* I am not going to do a carputer...like I said in the beginning, this was a kinda crackhead/proof of concept idea, so I wanted one to work first, then go onto carputer
* I am using a NON touch screen 7" Lilliput screen....since I didn't know how much space I had to work with.....next time will be touch screen :D
* I litterally hacked most of the front bezel of the screen to squeeze into the HU bezel....I'm talking about mm here, very tight fit.
* As far as I know, the HVAC controls will in fact work
* I did desolder the HU display off to get the screen to fit between the HU bezel and the CC Circuit board.

Anymore questions, I'm here

·
Eccenpix
1,862 Posts
Clean work but I cannot say that I like it. It looks... so empty around the screen.

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
WOW. thas sick. way to go man!
question though. cud we not just buy the navi models and do a swap?!
or wait... do navis also play DVD?!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts