difference between EX left and LX right Climate Control circuit boards.....yet, they do the same thing
some background on the project...........
* this started out as a crackhead idea the day my car got delievered to me.
* I really didn't think this would work....I mean I knew I could 'force' it to work, but not this 'easy'
* I am getting the vents above the OEM HU scanned to get a paint code so that I can paint it to match (cool huh?)
* I found primer (which I am looking for the old can) that matches the OEM texture (although the BS rattle can paint job I did for effect covers it up...time to sand again)
* uh, the OEM HU in my car is still there...I bought a cheap 'dim' HU off of eBay to do this project...starting with an LX (thinking it would work) then realizing it ws different, had to find a EX, since the bezel from an EX will not accomidate and LX climate control circuit board (see pic above)
* I am not going to do a carputer...like I said in the beginning, this was a kinda crackhead/proof of concept idea, so I wanted one to work first, then go onto carputer
* I am using a NON touch screen 7" Lilliput screen....since I didn't know how much space I had to work with.....next time will be touch screen
* I litterally hacked most of the front bezel of the screen to squeeze into the HU bezel....I'm talking about mm here, very tight fit.
* As far as I know, the HVAC controls will in fact work
* I did desolder the HU display off to get the screen to fit between the HU bezel and the CC Circuit board.