1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Frank
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

Is anybody runnning this intake:

http://images.autoanything.com/images/info/k_n/69-1207.pdf

if you are r u happy with it? the reason i want this one is that i can run it without the cold air extension.

apparently noone makes a short ram intake for the v6 03-07 model, which is what i want.

thanks for any info =)

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
The 04 Accord I test drove had the short K&N on there. The sound and throttle response were excellent, she lit up the tires from a roll in second gear lol. If the interest in Paul's SRI continues to wane, I will buy this and do the same, use the SRI portion. You can get them for just about $200 even for the whole thing, which is not a bad price at all. K&N claims 10 whp with their CAI for our cars.

·
Mr. Detail
1,136 Posts
Looking at getting one as well. My local Pep Boys either has them in stock or can get them in one day.

·
Quicksilver
948 Posts
this is the intake i have. i use it as a SRI because I didnt want to worry about driving in heavy rain. ill post a pic of it tomorrow cuz the old pic i have is crappy.

oh and btw, im very happy with it! you can feel and hear the difference! GET IT!!

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
I like! Good for the rainy weather. just take it off. and make it a short ram

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
Looking at getting one as well. My local Pep Boys either has them in stock or can get them in one day.
Check the price. I checked Autozone, and they sell them for $100 more than you can get them for on Ebay and Amazon. You can get the Spectre universal SRI and 3" filter for $60, just have to saw it to less than half length. Make sure you get this one; the one that you can use to build a custom CAI with doesn't have the hole for the tube that runs from the intake to the rear valve cover.

Spectre Performance/Intake Kit - Performance (8219) | 2003 Honda Accord EX 6 Cylinders 3.0L MFI VTEC | AutoZone.com

·
Frank
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
intake

thanks for the extra info nhb.

now i have more choices i guess, but i don't want to go the cheapest route cos most of the time you're disappointed with the results.

A picture of your intake would be nice to see for those of us who r still looking for a good SRI.

please post a pic of your SRI if you guys got one.

:)

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts

I would recommend buying a 3" K&N cone if you buy this. I bought one from Oreilly's without a size, because it looked like it would fit perfectly on the 3" pipe. Nope, either 1/4 or 1/2 inch too big :| Disregard the bend on the filter, I tried forcing the pipe past the lip on the inside of the filter coupler so that I didn't have to cut the pipe a second time :p For $60, a trip to the nearest parts store and a 30 minute install, I'm pretty happy. Can actually hear v-atak now :)

·
Quicksilver
948 Posts
^well im just glad i could help. i really felt the difference after i put the intake on. your gonna be 100% satisfied!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am running this K&N on my 07 coupe as a SRI. It is a noticeable improvement. I love the throttle response. The one drawback that I do experience is that on hot days, maybe 80 degrees or warmer there is a drop in performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would have preferred the “Long Tube” application as well, but being my daily driver, I was concerned about a water issue, with how low the intake was positioned

·
Quicksilver
948 Posts
i dont notice a drop in performance at all. and i live in TX, its hot often. but when its cold, like it is now, i dont feel any difference due to the outside temp.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts