Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one. This is my first intake that I've put on any car so I can't compare it to any other companies. It seems to be just a normal CAI though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Why does it say 10.9 hp gain on a 2003-2004 3L V6 4speed auto????

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
sumptimwong said:
uh, really?? where does it draw air from, short of cutting a hole in your bumper?

I thought ram air is just a shortened version of CAI. I would think ram air draws air that is allready under the hood.

I went to CCauto couple months back and saw a car that hydrolocked. It just makes things easy to covert to short ram....I think I'm getting things confused.......Is there difference with short ram and ram air ? ?

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
i thought ram air was pontiacs thing with the hood scoop/grille scoop running directly to the intake airbox to make it look cool.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
lol yes, huge difference between short ram and ram air ;D all good, easy to get them mixed up.

just for clarification: short ram is a shortened CAI; draws air from inside the engine bay. cai draws from an area outside of the bay (ie typically the bumper, where the factory resonator used to be). ram air draws air directly from the outside, with the open end of the tubing facing towards the front of the car. ram air does not have significant benefits below 25mph, but will greatly increase throttle response at highway speeds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts