Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to make a long story short, I chaged my fuel rail a while back to a P2R rail. I sold the stock rail to a friend for a few bucks, cause he wanted the part and it offset the cost of what is essentailly a cosmetic modification.

this weekend I was installing a fuel pressure gauge on the end of my rail. One thing led to another and I stripped the thread on the rail, rendering it completely useless. It just sprays all over my engine when the pump goes on.

naturally, my friend has disposed of my stock rail. and I ordered a new one but they're giving me the run around... so the moral is, keep your stock parts. you never know when you might need them. were I to still have my oem rail, my car wouldn't be jacket up in my driveway, immobile for the past 4 days.

:mad:

·
Mr. Detail
1,138 Posts
Good advice, I always keep old usable parts.

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rush: yep. way beyond. lol

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its ok, p2r did right by me they sent the replacement 2 day shipping I should be good to go tomorrow. still i wish I hadn't broken it in the first place.. but live and learn lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
i like to keep my parts, but sometimes they just tend to take up space. Its hard to keep something around that you could get money for (like a cat).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts