Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
EBAY. look at the picture on their website. They have headers in the picture. the couplers and piping are all ebay. no management, POS unless proven imo.

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
idk he sent me pics, he said the pic on the website is just an example not exact product for the application, because I asked him about the image on the site and he said it isnt 3 to 1 manifold but just like dump tubes/downpipes. I do see it as being farfetched, but Im waiting for results and more feedback. so we will see.

·
Engine Building & Tuning
48 Posts
EBAY. look at the picture on their website. They have headers in the picture. the couplers and piping are all ebay. no management, POS unless proven imo.
Hello Guys, I am the owner of KMOD Performance, and this kit is a custom made turbo kit. We have done plenty of custom turbo kits for 4 cyl Honda/Acura cars, but this is the 1st turbo kit that we have done on a V6. That engine bay is tight.LOL. There were tons of wires, and hoses that had to be relocated.
This is by no means an "EBAY" kit. The turbo is a Precision Turbo unit,(High Quality), All the piping is Stainless, high quality couplers, The engine management is an AEM FIC.
This is by no means a POS kit.

idk he sent me pics, he said the pic on the website is just an example not exact product for the application, because I asked him about the image on the site and he said it isnt 3 to 1 manifold but just like dump tubes/downpipes. I do see it as being farfetched, but Im waiting for results and more feedback. so we will see.
The pics on the site are representative only. Not pics of the actual kit. Why do you all find this to be far fetched. A custom turbo kit is not that dificult. Time consuming Yes, difficult NO.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance

·
Engine Building & Tuning
48 Posts
Subed...

Edit -

Why would you use pictures of a crappy ebay kit and not pictures of the kit you produce? Sounds sketchy from that stand point alone.
At the time that the customer ordered the kit we had not done one yet. As I mentioned earlier this is the 1st V6 kit that we have done. That being the case we could not take a picture of something we did not have yet.
If you would like to see pics of all of the parts that we used to build the kit have the OP post them. I cant post pics yet. The parts pic was sent to the customer.

·
Engine Building & Tuning
48 Posts
How much is the kit alone, without installation. Also kmodperformance.com/-GOD IS GOOD ... wut?
We do not sell the kit alone. This is a custom made kit that we build per customer per vehicle.
Did you even read the GOD IS GOOD link. If so, its self explanatory. If its not for you now, then I pray that one day it will be. Your life will be better off w/ Christ than w/o. Thats a fact.

I seem to see alot a negativity on this forum. We build custom turbo kits, and if you dont beleive that we do- dont buy one. If you have a genuine question about our products I will answer them. I will not entertain any question that have a negative tone to them. There is absolutely no reason to doubt the validity of our products. We are extremely busy and dont have time to play games on the internet.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
There is always negativity on this forum with new parts for a lot of reasons, but for me it's because there are never a lot of performance options made for our cars, and when they are made half the time they are a let down.

Your kit looks nice. How much for you set up?

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Let see pictures of all the piping on the intake/intercooler side, to the exhaust side. Lets see the couplings used, the clamps. What grade is the stainless. ETC. No negativity here, I also run a shop, and build custom kit too. However There's more crap work out there than there is good work hence the immediate response. Search EBAY accord v6 turbo kit and you will know what I mean. We've had so many guys run through this forum saying they build turbo kits so you're not the first. Your generic picture on your website was pulled from Ebay, hence the reason for the negative response. I'm just as busy as you, if not busier, Calendars always full 2-3 weeks in advance, Plus racing schedule etc. If you can't handle constructive criticism than by all means you're in the wrong place as well.

Constructive Criticism allows you to understand where theres room for improvement. Show us what you got, and we'll respond accordingly.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ouch... Kind of rude for a individual who is wanting to (perhaps) sell his products, and on his third post here.

Members on here often find themselves being the "test bed" on these parts finding design failures which should have been identified at the design phase or during the New Product Development (NPD) process.

We are all for new products, yet been burned in the past. A prime example is the Pro-E Shift Cats.

Based on your below comments, I will have to rule this purchase out and feel you have damaged your (new) image due to the fact on how you are aleady talking down to us.

We do not sell the kit alone. This is a custom made kit that we build per customer per vehicle.
Did you even read the GOD IS GOOD link. If so, its self explanatory. If its not for you now, then I pray that one day it will be. Your life will be better off w/ Christ than w/o. Thats a fact.

I seem to see alot a negativity on this forum. We build custom turbo kits, and if you dont beleive that we do- dont buy one. If you have a genuine question about our products I will answer them. I will not entertain any question that have a negative tone to them. There is absolutely no reason to doubt the validity of our products. We are extremely busy and dont have time to play games on the internet.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance

·
Got LSD?
1,216 Posts
Guys please keep in mind that he hasnt tried to sell them on this site yet so that is why he is getting irritated. This was posted by a member who knows the shop. I say we see pics of what NightHawk stated since he knows his stuff and then let this new shop prove himself. Face it we need a shop to get this thing available so everyone isnt re inventing the wheel.

KMOD, I would update your pics ASAP and get the ebay junk off. Please keep in mind that ALL forums are negative so this isnt anything new. Just ignore it and lets see you back up your work.

·
Registered
665 Posts
KMOD, I would update your pics ASAP and get the ebay junk off. Please keep in mind that ALL forums are negative so this isnt anything new. Just ignore it and lets see you back up your work.
I agree, when I first looked on the website the pics threw me off and I thought it was an eBay kit. Negativity goes thru all forums, don't take it personally

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
KMOD: I've seen you over at CRSX, how can you possibly say anything is negative when coming from there? Lol.

With that said, you aren't the first to try to sell turbo kits. As a shop owner/fabricator, I'd expect a little more in terms of "business conduct" on your part. It seems like you're a nice guy, but dude you posted pictures of an eBay kit. What did you expect? We aren't noobs, we know what the eBay kits look like. You probably shouldn't have posted any pictures if you didn't make any kits honestly.

I've seen the stuff you do for your RSX and have no doubt that you can do some good stuff. So please, when you get pictures of the setup you have done, post them up. I'm sure this will take a turn for the better. Keep us updated.

·
Engine Building & Tuning
48 Posts
Guys please keep in mind that he hasnt tried to sell them on this site yet so that is why he is getting irritated. This was posted by a member who knows the shop. I say we see pics of what NightHawk stated since he knows his stuff and then let this new shop prove himself. Face it we need a shop to get this thing available so everyone isnt re inventing the wheel.

We have not tried to sell this kit to anyone other than the cutsomer who ask us to build it for him. I came across this site do the fact that it mentioned our shops name. The only reason I posted was to clarify that we do not sell an EBAY kit and by no means is this kit a POS.

This turbo kit should be done sometime this week, and we will have updated pics posted in the Customer Builds Section up shortly. (piping, connectors, etc)

We have also updated the pic on the website. If we would have known that the pic would cast a bad light on us we would not have used it.(did not know that it was an EBAY pic)

Sorry guys if I came across rude, it just that I take great pride in what I do. I was greatly offended by the EBAY POS comment and it set me off. My work is my lively hood and I cant let anyone spread word that our products are EBAY POS. KMOD Performance is the source($) for of my food, shelter, entertainment, hobbies, etc so I cant afford to let its name be soured.

Once again, I do appologize for my rudeness.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance

·
Engine Building & Tuning
48 Posts
To see more examples of our work see below links:

KMOD RSX Shop Car links
www-dot-honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2911367
www-dot-k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=89764

KMOD Performance Videos
www-dot-youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6E8CDD1F932F2582
www-dot-youtube.com/user/kmodkese?blend=2&ob=5#p/u