Accord V6 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
@KMod this is the Guy wit Tue white and black prelude that wud talk to u at advance on west market I'm getting an 01 accord v6 at the beginning of the year I don't know if the kits for the 03-07 wud b the same as for the car I'm getting but if its not we can wrk on something where u can make a copy off my av6 as well ...I'm also doin the six speed conversation so u can make the kit for the auto then turn around and do it for 98-02 that have the conversation done....that shud help ya business as well that way its a win win...but up to u either way U'll b the person I come to do my Turbo kit

·
Registered
238 Posts
@KMod this is the Guy wit Tue white and black prelude that wud talk to u at advance on west market I'm getting an 01 accord v6 at the beginning of the year I don't know if the kits for the 03-07 wud b the same as for the car I'm getting but if its not we can wrk on something where u can make a copy off my av6 as well ...I'm also doin the six speed conversation so u can make the kit for the auto then turn around and do it for 98-02 that have the conversation done....that shud help ya business as well that way its a win win...but up to u either way U'll b the person I come to do my Turbo kit
sadly probably going to be a bit different (would be the same basic layout though)

all the "hole" openings in the chassis (and a different engine bay opening and such) and such will be off a little bit (but yes current kit would be a good starting point though)

·
Registered
238 Posts
baseline seems a little high for power wise (and all i am really hearing is a intake), but then again it's getting a baseline on that particular dyno though so W/E :gotme:

btw seeing the engine move in the video, might be worth selling the guy some upgraded mounts also, especially while you are already in there (those are not going to last long, especially with increased power)

edit: and i do see exhaust on the dyno sheet, but i sure as hell don't hear it lol

·
Engine Building & Tuning
48 Posts
baseline seems a little high for power wise (and all i am really hearing is a intake), but then again it's getting a baseline on that particular dyno though so W/E :gotme:

btw seeing the engine move in the video, might be worth selling the guy some upgraded mounts also, especially while you are already in there (those are not going to last long, especially with increased power)

edit: and i do see exhaust on the dyno sheet, but i sure as hell don't hear it lol
The exhaust is a Tanabe Medallion.(not very loud)

Here is a baseline comparison between the last v6 Accord turbo kits that we have done. Both cars w/ very similar mods, 1 Automatic Trans the other a Manual Trans. As you can see there is about a 15whp difference thru-out most of the powerband w/ about a 30whp diff on the top end. Typical of the power losses that you see thru an automatic trans.
239whp 201wtq Manual
213whp 270wtq Automatic

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
213whp 270wtq Automatic?? typo?

·
Registered
238 Posts
The exhaust is a Tanabe Medallion.(not very loud)

Here is a baseline comparison between the last v6 Accord turbo kits that we have done. Both cars w/ very similar mods, 1 Automatic Trans the other a Manual Trans. As you can see there is about a 15whp difference thru-out most of the powerband w/ about a 30whp diff on the top end. Typical of the power losses that you see thru an automatic trans.
239whp 201wtq Manual
213whp 270wtq Automatic
i just know a friend's COMPLETELY stock 07 accord V6 manual (he only had it for like a day or two :D) did like 208 whp also on a dynojet, so that is partly why i say it is hard to believe a 30 hp increase from a intake and a exhaust (i know they don't choke it out that much lol); btw it had less then 30k miles on the car too

and then as far as the auto vs manual debate, i gained like 40 and 40 when i swapped to a 6-speed on my 03 TL-s (and other then the swap, only difference was a test-pipe instead of a hi-flow cat, and about 15k more miles on the engine too)
as far as what i put down with the auto was 206 or so, and the manual was like 247, again on a dynojet, so unless it is a different testing method completely, part of the reason for me thinking that baseline seems a little on the high side (but again as mentioned, it gives a baseline of your testing procedure also, so you can look at the gain itself, and not the actual numbers)

·
Registered
238 Posts
350whp 312wtq on 7lbs of boost

Video-->>KMOD Performance - Automotive - Greensboro, North Carolina | Facebook

Marquis
KMOD Performance
so basically a little over a 100 hp gain at the wheel (and same with torque) :burnout: :cheers:

btw watch the wheel closely at the end of the video, when the throttle gets lets off, after the run; he needs some stiffer suspension bushings to keep the wheel from jerking back and fourth like that

edit: also watch right at the beginning on the first push of the throttle (or actually any push of the throttle even), again you can see the wheel/suspension move quite a bit more then the car, and move towards the front of the wheelwell

121 - 140 of 164 Posts