Accord V6 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Engine Building & Tuning
48 Posts
@KMod this is the Guy wit Tue white and black prelude that wud talk to u at advance on west market I'm getting an 01 accord v6 at the beginning of the year I don't know if the kits for the 03-07 wud b the same as for the car I'm getting but if its not we can wrk on something where u can make a copy off my av6 as well ...I'm also doin the six speed conversation so u can make the kit for the auto then turn around and do it for 98-02 that have the conversation done....that shud help ya business as well that way its a win win...but up to u either way U'll b the person I come to do my Turbo kit
Sounds good, just let us know when you are ready.

Marquis
KMOD Performance

·
Engine Building & Tuning
48 Posts
so basically a little over a 100 hp gain at the wheel (and same with torque) :burnout: :cheers:

btw watch the wheel closely at the end of the video, when the throttle gets lets off, after the run; he needs some stiffer suspension bushings to keep the wheel from jerking back and fourth like that

edit: also watch right at the beginning on the first push of the throttle (or actually any push of the throttle even), again you can see the wheel/suspension move quite a bit more then the car, and move towards the front of the wheelwell
We only had this car for 6days. I wish we had it here longer, so we could have adressed those other issues. (Bigger injectors, stiffer suspension bushings, more boost)

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance

·
Engine Building & Tuning
48 Posts
Comparison between the all-motor baseline pull and after the KMOD Custom Turbo kit install/tune

This thing is making 117 more peak Hp, & 126 lbs/tq at the wheels, but in the low and mid range it makes 120-135 more whp & wtq compared to its all-motor set-up.

The guy that owns this car is a 70yr old man. Yes 70 YEARS OLD.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance

·
Engine Building & Tuning
48 Posts
i just know a friend's COMPLETELY stock 07 accord V6 manual (he only had it for like a day or two :D) did like 208 whp also on a dynojet, so that is partly why i say it is hard to believe a 30 hp increase from a intake and a exhaust (i know they don't choke it out that much lol); btw it had less then 30k miles on the car too

and then as far as the auto vs manual debate, i gained like 40 and 40 when i swapped to a 6-speed on my 03 TL-s (and other then the swap, only difference was a test-pipe instead of a hi-flow cat, and about 15k more miles on the engine too)
as far as what i put down with the auto was 206 or so, and the manual was like 247, again on a dynojet, so unless it is a different testing method completely, part of the reason for me thinking that baseline seems a little on the high side (but again as mentioned, it gives a baseline of your testing procedure also, so you can look at the gain itself, and not the actual numbers)
This customer is from NY and had the car dynoed months ago in NY. On a dynojet also the car made 235-201.

So our baseline numbers are almost identical to the numbers he got in NY. I dont know how to explain your friends low dyno results.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance

·
Registered
238 Posts
This customer is from NY and had the car dynoed months ago in NY. On a dynojet also the car made 235-201.

So our baseline numbers are almost identical to the numbers he got in NY. I dont know how to explain your friends low dyno results.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance
as said only thing i can think of is "operator" procedure, with what conditions and such (and engine temp and such)

btw i am also in denver, so yes we do also have altitude and loss of power here to deal with too (atmospheric pressure is normally 14.7, and yeah.... we are normally in the low 12's for the pressure), but the numbers were corrected though :shrug:

so part of the reason why i just looked at the gains (and curves) themselves, and not the actual numbers

and as far as those other issues that need fixing, at least you recognize them, and hopefully can get the old man :rolleye2: to come back down to fix those issues (and also a bigger fuel pump to go along with those bigger injectors too)

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
SFL AV6
1,024 Posts
We just finished a retune on the Red '03 Accord V6(Automatic)
On 14psi of boost we made 353whp & 331wtq. This car is a beast. If this car had a manual trans it would make over 400whp. The Auto trans is sucking up a bunch of power.
Dyno Video->Accord V6 Auto KMOD Turbo Kit 353whp 331wtq | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

-Marquis
-KMOD Performance
Well this powerband is pretty sweet, no need to ever hit redline on WOT. Shifting @ 6400 is optimal u will fall back in the most power from there and i believe the auto tranny naturally shift at 6400, so thats good news for owner
Great numbers

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Great numbers.

What size is your exhaust? I see no reason why you should stop making power before 6K RPM. All the N/A dyno graphs show consistent pull to at least 6500 and then somewhat plain off. You should be running a 3" exhaust from the downpipe back. Even the DP should be 3". If not, you're probably losing a good 10-15whp in that alone.

What size turbo is it? That could also play a part.

You're already making great numbers so don't take this as a bash, it's not. I'm just curious as to why your graph starts falling before 6000 RPM because it doesn't make sense from what I've seen.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Great numbers.

What size is your exhaust? I see no reason why you should stop making power before 6K RPM. All the N/A dyno graphs show consistent pull to at least 6500 and then somewhat plain off. You should be running a 3" exhaust from the downpipe back. Even the DP should be 3". If not, you're probably losing a good 10-15whp in that alone.

What size turbo is it? That could also play a part.

You're already making great numbers so don't take this as a bash, it's not. I'm just curious as to why your graph starts falling before 6000 RPM because it doesn't make sense from what I've seen.
AT LEAST 3" if not more in the 3.5 to 4" range,
BUT the issue on the transverse V6 especially is packaging issues with running that downpipe back to the exhaust, no real easy way (except if you possibly want to take a notch out of the oil pan and weld it back) especially with the physically larger automatic transmission
or with how it was done earlier in the thread with going over the back, is possible splitting the pipe in 2, or making it oval to make it squeeze past the cross-member back there (even then it may still need a little notching also)

141 - 160 of 164 Posts