·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SteVTEC said:
Very helpful but inconclusive. On the 98-99 J30 are there provisions for a knock sensor, and will Unichip or E-manage be able to read this sensor without it being directly accomadated by the factory ecu. It is essentialy a microphone so it probablt requires power? I prefer the 98-99 scenario because of the options a distributor has to offer this car.

·
(つ◕‿◕)つ*•.★.•*•.★.•* •.★.•
3,498 Posts
2001Accordtyper said:
And how does the Unichip know how much to advance my timing by without the knock sensor.
good question. I also would like to know.

·
Registered
563 Posts
unichip doesn't touch timing as far as I know.

as for the knock sensor... this kind of thing would only work if you swapped the whole ECU, and if you already have the DIS system instead of a distributor.

The problem with swapping the ECU is that the transmissions might not be wired the same, especially since it has SS mode, so you would have to swap in the TL transmission.

so basically if you are going to swap the tranny and rewire a bunch of stuff you might as well swap in the whole CLS + 6mt tranny.

·
(つ◕‿◕)つ*•.★.•*•.★.•* •.★.•
3,498 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Would another option be to swap in the J30A4 with the knock sensor ECU? Only thing about that though is that its not compatible with the dizzy cars then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts