Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used set of Koni yellows and Tein HTechs fully assembled, and I have a couple questions before I install. Right now the suspension is on the lowest perch setting, and I wish to move the perch up to the highest setting (winters up here would kill my car if too low).

I know I will need to get a spring compressor, but what is involved with changing the clip/perch position? I've never done this before, so I thought I should get some feedback before I start. I was looking at the clip and I can't really see how it comes out of the groove...

As well, if I change the perch position will I need to worry about any other component of the suspension, such as the bump stop?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know the drop with the HTechs isn't that aggressive. I might leave them the way they are, it would be easier and I'm pretty lazy :D

I was just curious how exactly to change the perch, I don't see any easy way to get the ring clip out of the groove...

·
Registered
956 Posts
TheDuggler said:
Yeah, I know the drop with the HTechs isn't that aggressive. I might leave them the way they are, it would be easier and I'm pretty lazy :D

I was just curious how exactly to change the perch, I don't see any easy way to get the ring clip out of the groove...

There is a small gap in the ring if you look closely and once you compress the springs, yoy'll see, pull one side out with a plier and then the other one. I'll try to find you a DIY if I can.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I wouldn't raise it any higher than stock height (especially in the rear) as it will look weird, though I also woudln't put the h-techs on a super low perch as it will greatly reduce shock travel which can be a bad thing since these are soft springs relative to other offerings. I have mine on stock height in the front and -7mm in the rear and I have a ton of clearance. I only scrape in the snow on the front portion of the side skirt area due to the forward rake resulting from the larger drop in the front. I've driven like this all winter long in Colorado, including a lot of mountain driving, and I had absolutely no problems. Also, make sure to tighten up the pinch bolt on the front shocks tighter than the torque specs, and make sure to really clean the shock and the fork it sits in before you mount them. Any dirt can make slippage a problem. My passenger side front shock slipped twice and popped off that little yellow tab used for alignment during mounting. I currently have stock shocks on the front untill I get the konis modified and fixed to keep this from happening again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts