Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I've finally decided to install my neuspeed race springs. i've had these springs sitting on my bedroom floor for almost a year now for the simple reason that i can't find a good deal on the rims that i want :( so i decided to just install everything to at least have my car lowered. with that said here is my question:

will i run into problems if i install the neuspeed race springs with koni yellows on my stock rims and tires? can someone tell me if there are any performance cons to doing this?

oh and if it makes any difference in the responce, i also have the rear ingall camber kit and the front ingall ball joint that allows for -1.5 to +1.5 adjustment

thanks in advance :)

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
dude your set. are you kidding? the konis were meant to be mated with a spring like neuspeed. race.

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
04punisher is a female fellers :) hehe

awww mannn i cant wait till i sell my oem wheels and order my neuspeed supercup kit... YAY!!!! im going to hop on the neuspeed race w/ koni bandwagon... YAY :)

·
V6p OG
1,186 Posts
ephyouckay said:
04punisher is a female fellers :) hehe

awww mannn i cant wait till i sell my oem wheels and order my neuspeed supercup kit... YAY!!!! im going to hop on the neuspeed race w/ koni bandwagon... YAY :)

awesome move!!!!!!

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
o i wont i think i might do it 1 perch higher than stock. what is a good setting to leave it on for the dampening? i dont want it stiff and firm... i want it close to stock but a little bit firmer. How is it all the way on the soft side? or maybe between middle and soft?

im on HFP... gonna sell that when i get the supercup kit in :) should be getting everything in by next week if all goes well:) hehe

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OwAce said:
dude your set. are you kidding? the konis were meant to be mated with a spring like neuspeed. race.
yup it's dudette ;) my ex-boyfriend made this screen name for me and i've just been too lazy to change it and transfer my pics over to a new screen name. anyway thanks for the input, i was just worried about doing this with my stock rims and tires.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
04Punisher said:
yup it's dudette ;) my ex-boyfriend made this screen name for me and i've just been too lazy to change it and transfer my pics over to a new screen name. anyway thanks for the input, i was just worried about doing this with my stock rims and tires.

hrmm sorry i was going to say dudette, didnt know if it might be sexist.

honestly you are fine with koni yellows and any spring you go with.

pm me or aim me with any questions you have on suspension stuff. ive got tons of experience to help you out with.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OwAce said:
hrmm sorry i was going to say dudette, didnt know if it might be sexist.

honestly you are fine with koni yellows and any spring you go with.

pm me or aim me with any questions you have on suspension stuff. ive got tons of experience to help you out with.

Thanks OwAce :up:

and don't worry i wouldn't have gotten offended:rant:if u said dudette, i would have laughed :D

but i do have one more question. by staying on my stock 16" rims and tires am i going to throw off the speedo :confused: thanks again! :)

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
04Punisher said:
but i do have one more question. by staying on my stock 16" rims and tires am i going to throw off the speedo :confused: thanks again! :)
no, the overall wheel diameter is the same isnt it? :p

the speedo is only thrown off when you get a different wheel size and dont compensate by choosing different sized tires to fall inside the stock overall wheel diameter.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
the ride "harshness" is mostly a function of spring rate. the neuspeed race has a higher spring rate than the neuspeed sport, thus it will feel more "harsh."

the bounciness can be controlled by adjusting the damping force on the koni yellows. You can adjust it in such a way that you have some bounce (more comfort, less handling), or less bounce (less comfort, more handling).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts