Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just send out money in a group Buy for a set of Koni Yellow's. I want to know what dampening setting I shoudl use. I definitly would like a softer ride but wouldnt want to sacrafice handling all that much. I have Tein S tech springs and I just ordered the TL sway bar. So what dampening setting shoudl I use to get the best ride quality without sacrificing handling. As long as the handling wouldnt be worse thant what I have going on right now I woudl be ok with. Right now I just have the Tein S techs with stock shocks. Also what if any is going to be the advantage of having them on the higher perch setings?

·
Registered
58 Posts
H&R with Koni.

2 full turns from soft to hard.
Mine is set to mid setting (1 turn) in the front
1/2 turn rear.

Make sure you LEAVE THE REAR SEAT APART until you have the proper setting. Otherwise you'll have to keep taking it apart until you find what you want. The front is much easier to get to.

·
Registered
116 Posts
6 Gen Accord 4cyl sedan.

Progress Sport springs, Koni Sport

Front 1.5 Turns Full Soft to Full Hard, Back 2.5 Turns Full Soft to Full Hard

Front set at 1/4 turn of full soft, Back 1/2 Turn from full soft.
From here in Quebec, Canada, where the roads are really bad, i found that anything more than my current settings was way to rough.

And i agree with zeoth, leave the back seat undone until you find the correct setting

John

·
Registered
211 Posts
H&R sports w/konis

front are set at about 1 1/4 turns from full soft
rear set about 3/4 of a turn from full soft

It boils down to your own taste and what kind of roads you drive on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts