Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I purchased a apc carbon fiber euro dash and AC Autotechnic S7 gauges
Going to purchase leds to convert my interior. I have a silver av6 with black leather interior. I know a lot of members go with the hyper-white conversion and some have gone with a red conversion but said that just red was kinda dull.

so i'm thinking of mixing hyper-white, red and maybe blue leds into my conversion scheme, i'm changing all the interior lights including:

Auto Climate Control Kit and Clock
Sunroof Button Kit
Cruise Control Button Kit (With TCS)
Fog Light Button Kit
Indicator Light Kit (Auto Climate)
CD Changer Kit
Keyhole LED Kit
Odometer Wedge LED
Blinker Indicator Wedge LED (Pair)
Cruise Control Indicator Wedge LED
Automatic Shifter Wedge LED
LED Door Courtesy Lights (Pair)
LED Dome Light
LED Map Lights (Pair)
LED Trunk Light

if u guys could give some suggestions as to what u think would look nice or what u would do if it was your car that'll be great. originally i was set on getting all red leds, but some members say that a full red conversion doesn't look good cuz red means stop/warning/bad and its probably not too practical to use red lights for the dome and map lights? thanks

·
Accord Owner
284 Posts
Oh dam I thought that you had these installed already, want to see the out come.

I have the led conversion w/ apc carbon fiber euro dash and seeing since everyone has been getting the s7's the have started to grow on me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
sl33pyriceboi said:
i think u should jsut do it one color......it wont stand out as much.......but thats only my opinion.......dont do hyper white.....its not koooool.... unless you get the higher mcd ones......
I second the not doing the hyper white thing. At least not on the gauge cluster. I just put mine in and it turns out light blue. The White in my climate control and clock look great but that's because I was able to remove the filters. Seeing how you wanna get the s7 gauges I guess my comment is moot but I figure I would say it to help out peeps not wanting to change thier gauges.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey man; I have the S7 Gauges with a red conversion for the clock (although its very dim), Climate Control and CD player and it looks really good in my opinion (can post pics later at night). The S7 Gauges have blue, red and hyper white colors at night so they match up nicely.

I agree with the other posts about the hyper white: it isn't hyper white...it turns out to be a very light blue color. I would go with the S7 gauges and either a red or blue led conversion. Just my opinion :cool:

Good luck and have fun!! :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
On second thought: if you REALLY have your heart set on the multiple color scheme, try this.

Maybe you could use red for the LCD displays in the clock, climate control and CD changer and use blue led's for the buttons (or the complete opposite). The S7 gauges will match up nicely with the combination, but again they will also match up with just a single led color conversion.

Later :wave:

·
Registered
407 Posts
kzystylin said:
landshark, can u post pics, and thanks for ur advice

Sure thing man; I should have had them by tonight but I was busy with some other mods. My bad. I"ll post pics, both a day shot and night shot tomorrow. I'll be in touch :cool:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey I have the pics but I can't find the cord to connect my camera to the computer :confused: I'll keep searching for it and I'll post pics asap :cool:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey, pic is uploaded in my gallery. Its not a very good shot (angle, brightness, etc.) but it gives you a good indication what it would look like. Keep in mind the the red LED conversion is brighter than depicted and the red line within the S7 Gauges stands out more.

The S7 Gauges really tie in my interior colors: the red line to integrate the red color of the LED conversion, blue to match the blue rim on my Harmon Kardon Iplay control knob, and the hyperwhite/blue line to match the output color on the screen for the Harmon Kardon system.

Let me know if you need more pics :cool:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
mind telling me where you bought the APC carbon fiber euro dash?... been lookin' for it but never seemed to find one... it's the one with the 3 chrome gauge rings right?...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i bought it from summitracing.com, i searched for it under the product code 205005CF from APC's website (www.4apc.net), there's no picture on summit, but it says Euro Dash Carbon Fiber so i'm hoping its the right one, guess we'll c wen i get it in a few days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts