Accord V6 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Look up size 225/50/16. It can fit the rim and is 1/2 and inch smaller than stock.
24.9" height vs stock 25.7". The 215/55/16 is 25.3" so its closer in height. I'm not lowered so a short tire height looks too small. But that would have gained another half inch in tread width, or almost 2" over what I had. And also weigh in at 20 lbs like the size I got.

Pretty happy with the choice, so much better in the rain, especially off the line. Its literally a night and day difference.

·
Trans Guy (IT)
19 Posts
Anyone seem to have trouble with wheel hop with the thinner side walls? 225-45 R18 is what some knuckle head put on my accord before i bought it and it wheel hops like crazy. Factory size should be 235 45 r 18. the tires were continental contipro contact and they just suck. i have nothing nice to say about them except they came on the car when i bought it.

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've heard the Continental DWS tires have soft sidewalls. There was one on display when I got my tires and the sidewalls were by far the softest of any tires they had. My brother has 'em on his 335 and 3 times now something has cut the sidewall and taken out a tire. That's the main reason I crossed them off my list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was going to suggest Goodyears as well, make sure you air them up as well, they will last longer and give better grip, remember these are street tires, not slicks

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah, gotta laugh at the ones who take street tires down to 12 pounds and wonder why they can't hook up.

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just an update on these tires (Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S), still really impressed with the grip, especially after adding the TL-S rear anti-roll bar and a DC Sport FSB. Car feels really planted in curves, no more squishy feeling like I had with the Yokohamas. And in the rain, just amazing.

Reactions: hondav6

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Just an update on these tires (Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S), still really impressed with the grip, especially after adding the TL-S rear anti-roll bar and a DC Sport FSB. Car feels really planted in curves, no more squishy feeling like I had with the Yokohamas. And in the rain, just amazing.
nice scott! I noticed the same when I installed the rear TL-S anti roll bar. I have had the FSB on mine since 2003 so I don't remember how it felt before. It is even more drastic with the eibach springs and koni yellows :D Glad the tires are working out for you

Reactions: Scottwax

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks! I have a feeling as more people find out about these tires they will become pretty popular.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts