Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever put lights (LEDs or EL wire) behind the sidemirror, inside the sidemirror box, and hooked it up to the turn signal line before?

anyone have any idea how to do get the turn signal wire through the door to the mirror, or is it just too much work?

just thought it would be pretty sweet to have a lighted box (not too bright of course; don't wanna blind myself when i try to look at the side mirror)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoa how'd you do that? that wasn't exactly what i was going for. i was thinking more of the inside of the box lighting up, so you would get the cracks leaking light out, but since you got the wiring, was there a kit or something? how easy was it to get the wiring there?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just installed component speakers in the door, and it's a similar process. You would have to run a wire from the turn signal (I believe it's accessed through the wheel well, I'm not sure how to get it to the fuse box/door jamb area) through the rubber grommet in the door hinge, then it's pretty easy to get it up to the mirror.
I think our glass in the mirror pops out pretty easy too, 3 clips or something like that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
whoa how'd you do that? that wasn't exactly what i was going for. i was thinking more of the inside of the box lighting up, so you would get the cracks leaking light out, but since you got the wiring, was there a kit or something? how easy was it to get the wiring there?
I think I might try this, I was thinking if you spliced into the wire from the turn signal at the bottom strip, where it's blacked out(since most people just remove that bulb)and run it to an LED inside the mirror housing:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts