Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just got an Acura TL with the 6spd and he thinks it might have a limited slip in it does anyone know if this is true? If it is shouldn't it fit in the 6spd Accord tranny? They are pretty much the same tranny right?

·
Registered
93 Posts
It has an LSD. Not sure if it fits.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Judging by Honda's exploded views, it sure looks like it would fit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tx03coupe said:
this has already been discussed. search.
FYI did a search for it and a number of other ways I thought I might be able to find it and no search results came up so if you can't offer an answer next time then just move on instead of clogging a thread with some canned response. Everyone else that has visited the thread has come up with something to say that is at least semi helpful.
Even better idea why don't you do a search for me and see if you can find it and then send me the results. Did you even check to see if a search cxame up with anything or did you just jump to conclusions and assume that it would just pop up if you put LSD the search area.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Is the TL LSD the same as the one in the CL-S? I know there have been several threads about that one, and the general consensus seems to be that it should fit fine. Of course it's like $700.......

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
pretty damn simple if you can take apart a tranny and put it back together yourself. the part seems to match up very well with the rest of the tranny.

however based on what ive read (searched v6p) most transmission places are unlikely to touch it.

the part alone is 800 from acura. labor would be roughly another 800.

·
Registered
471 Posts
so Brex, is that your car that has it? I guess the question is, is it worth the cost?

·
Registered
763 Posts
odie77k said:
FYI did a search for it and a number of other ways I thought I might be able to find it and no search results came up so if you can't offer an answer next time then just move on instead of clogging a thread with some canned response. Everyone else that has visited the thread has come up with something to say that is at least semi helpful.
Even better idea why don't you do a search for me and see if you can find it and then send me the results. Did you even check to see if a search cxame up with anything or did you just jump to conclusions and assume that it would just pop up if you put LSD the search area.
you might want to search for "limited slip differential" :rolleye2:

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
DangerMouse said:
so Brex, is that your car that has it? I guess the question is, is it worth the cost?
:smack: mine is an auto... so it is definitely not me

it is the guy who did the tranny swap to 6mt and he had it put int at the same time...

·
fonda my honda
592 Posts
odie77k said:
thanks for the hilarious retardation that is above. that's why the internet is so wonderful...

almost forgot, there's three pages of threads that pop up using the words "limited slip differential." several threads within those three pages have very specific information. here's an entire thread about the very thing you're asking about. http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40611&highlight=limited+slip+differential

WARNING: Surgeon General says it's ok to get owned when you're dead wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts