Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Does this line level converter require you to cut the stock wires, or can you just hook it directly to the stock headunit?

·
Old Member
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah just hook up the 4 wires to the HU, theres 2 holes to plug in the rca to run it to ur amp

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
i'll cop it if you explain to me how i hook it up. i really would prefer if all i had to do was plug it into the back of the HU and then plug RCA from the adapter.

·
Old Member
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didnt install that myself i had a place do it like a year ago they told they hook up the 2 wires to the left speakers and the other 2 to the right one then they just plug in the rca and connect the other side to the amp

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
Hmmm, sounds simple, tell you what, i'll look on that site that L_fty provided and see if i can get one that doesnt require me to splice into the wiring. if i cant find one that doesnt i'll cop your if you still have it.

Oh, one more thing, do you know how the volume control on these things work. or matter a fact any line level output from a headunit. how is the volume controlled.

·
Registered
482 Posts
not to hijack your thread but I also have a lightning audio on for sale also. They are pretty easy to hook up. There are 4 main wires and you just splice into the rear 6x9 left and right and bingo you have signal to a amp. I used this setup in my altima for over 1 year and in my honda for about 2 months. It is almost as good as getting a hu.

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
naw, i may get anotjher amp, so id rather get pre outs from now.
thanks tho.
did you post it in the classified?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts