Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**SOLD**LOC - Connecting subwoofer with stock system

What's up V6P. I have a Line Output Converter that enables you to hook up a subwoofer system to your factory stock audio system. It works with any car, and came off of my 04 Accord Sedan.

All of the wires have been made already, simple plug and play although you will have to run a power wire to a 12V source of your choice. The wires were soldered and wrapped with electrical tape, all connections are solid and protected.

The unit connects the remote control wire of your desired amplifier and acts as the remote turn on since our factory head units do not have a remote turn on wire. Simply add power to the unit via a 12V, ground it, tap into the rear speakers via T-Taps, connect remote wire to amp, and you're good to go.

A blue LED within the clear housing of the unit indicates when the unit is on (when the car is turned on) and there are two knobs which allow you to control the amount of power coming from each speaker.

I was very happy with this unit, and paid $30 + tax, but after upgrading to an aftermarket HU, i have no use for it any longer.

I'm looking for SOLD to the 48 states.

I'll be happy to guide the buyer through the installation process and provide tips as to how I set everything up.

Thanks for looking!

·
Kevin
718 Posts
You got text buddy!

Reactions: Bliyun

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interested! Have a pic of what it looked like hooked up?

I know how to wire up the amp and what not, but I've never done a tap/output before.
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it hooked up, but I know exactly how it was setup though.

Do you know what T-Taps and male spade connectors are? Those are all you need for this to work, everything else is all setup and ready.

If you do get it, I can make a DIY for you on how to hook it up. Easy.

can you give me details on that subwoofer, How does it sound. Thaat looks perfect for what I want.
It's an old JBL 10", i think Max 1000watts and 250RMS. I'm really happy with the way it sounds, solid bass, no distortion and my PDX-M6 is pushing it at around 300watts. Perfect for anyone who wants a good amount of bass, but not enough to set car alarms off.

You got text buddy!
Gotcha Kev!

Replied!

·
Official V6P Retro Whore
3,899 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it hooked up, but I know exactly how it was setup though.

Do you know what T-Taps and male spade connectors are? Those are all you need for this to work, everything else is all setup and ready.

If you do get it, I can make a DIY for you on how to hook it up. Easy.

It's an old JBL 10", i think Max 1000watts and 250RMS. I'm really happy with the way it sounds, solid bass, no distortion and my PDX-M6 is pushing it at around 300watts. Perfect for anyone who wants a good amount of bass, but not enough to set car alarms off.

Gotcha Kev!

Replied!

You Got PM!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts