Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good tint shop in the Cobb area? I'm looking to get my Solara tinted and I want it done right. Preferably if they can install vinyl to cover the dot matrix pattern as well.

Let me know guys!

Thanks,
-James :cool:

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
I don't know about the Cobb area, but I have a friend that owns a audio/tint shop that does some good work and has some good tint. The place is called Audio Expo on Jimmy Carter.

Let me know if you head up there, I'll let her know to take care of you (not like that, but you know). :p :)

www.audioexpo.net

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn that's a long ass way away, like an hour drive :(

Any idea how much it's going to cost for 35% sides are rear?

·
Founder of PsychoLemon CC
1,524 Posts
VTEC-v6! said:
Damn that's a long ass way away, like an hour drive :(

Any idea how much it's going to cost for 35% sides are rear?
Sound Sensations, but dont know cost,around 200-300 but d*mn fine job. 41 and Fry Gin rd a little past the big chicken. but before southern poly.
770-429-1600
337 Cobb Parkway
Marietta, GA 30060

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know where they are, thanks :cool:

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, seeing as how I got quoted $220 from Area-41, I may have to take that into consideration (ignoring long drive), any idea how much the same tint would be on an 05 Altima? My buddy wants to get his tinted too

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i got em tinted at 30% last week, and they (Area-41) kinda dicked up the HUGE dot matrix the solara has (4-5inches). Basically the first half and inch is ok then it gets splotchy. I gave it time for the moisture to evaporate, but not much is happening, looks like I'll be going back soon =/

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
VTEC-v6! said:
Awesome, seeing as how I got quoted $220 from Area-41, I may have to take that into consideration (ignoring long drive), any idea how much the same tint would be on an 05 Altima? My buddy wants to get his tinted too
Oops, forgot to post. I think it was somewhere around $175 for 4-door.

VTEC-v6! said:
Well i got em tinted at 30% last week, and they (Area-41) kinda dicked up the HUGE dot matrix the solara has (4-5inches). Basically the first half and inch is ok then it gets splotchy. I gave it time for the moisture to evaporate, but not much is happening, looks like I'll be going back soon =/
:banghead:

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This matrix pattern is huge, I think the only way to cover it is with vinyl. It just irritates me because the guy at the shop said he can do dot matrix's 100% no problem

Is it bad for your rear window to have the tint stripped off once or twice? (defroster and FM antenna)

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
VTEC-v6! said:
This matrix pattern is huge, I think the only way to cover it is with vinyl. It just irritates me because the guy at the shop said he can do dot matrix's 100% no problem

Is it bad for your rear window to have the tint stripped off once or twice? (defroster and FM antenna)
Yeah, the Accord's matrix is huge too. The guy that worked on my car spent around 45min-1hr working on the matrix on the back window.

We didn't have to use vinyl at all, its still holding up fine. :angel:

·
Founder of PsychoLemon CC
1,524 Posts
clean2draccord said:
Yeah, the Accord's matrix is huge too. The guy that worked on my car spent around 45min-1hr working on the matrix on the back window.

We didn't have to use vinyl at all, its still holding up fine. :angel:
I kinda enjoy the vinyl look on my car, blend in well. But thats me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts